X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeanlgentile
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] User Email experience

Not sure if I'm missing something or not - but is there any way for a USER to get a full email whenever something new is posted to a forum? As an Administrator, I can get an email in my inbox showing me that a new post has been made with a link to the thread as well abs the entire text of the post. As a user, I can only get that if I'm subscribed to the individual thread - which of course I can't do until the thread actually exists or I start it myself. I'm hoping that I'm just missing a setting here and that it is possible to get that information on a user-level.
  • David Copeland
    • May 2000

Originally posted by jeanlgentile
    Not sure if I'm missing something or not - but is there any way for a USER to get a full email whenever something new is posted to a forum? As an Administrator, I can get an email in my inbox showing me that a new post has been made with a link to the thread as well abs the entire text of the post. As a user, I can only get that if I'm subscribed to the individual thread - which of course I can't do until the thread actually exists or I start it myself. I'm hoping that I'm just missing a setting here and that it is possible to get that information on a user-level.
    If your Admin is set up to send the full text of the recent post to members, then all you have to do is change the Default for everyone to automatically subscrive to any thread they post in. If they post in a thread titled "Cookie Treats", then they will get the full text of the first post thereafter. But I believe they will not get any other posts of the same thread until they view the thread a second time.

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...