X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasff
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Problem Verifying Forum Running Plug In

I am running vB 4.2. I went into my Admincp > Plug-ins and Enabled Forum Runner. I also went into vBulletin to Members Area, and I activated Forum Runner. I came over to Forum Runner and can't get it to Verify.

When I fill in the Forum Runner info via vBulletin, I get the following: We're sorry. Forum Runner does not appear to be active on this forum. If you are running vBulletin

When I fill in the info via Forum Runner, I get:
    • Error retrieving the return value from your forum. Please check your installation. You might have also entered the incorrect forum URL in the forum manager. Make sure that the URL is correct, starts with http:// and is the full default path to your forum)
    • This is the URL that we attempted to fetch: http://www.mydomainname.com/forumrun...hp?cmd=version

Any ideas?
  • jasff
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

I've been trying all types of combinations with the domain name... www. and with out www.
    also tried with /forum and without. I just can't figure out what is stopping it from verifying.
    Anyone?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Register your site in the Member's Area here. Also make sure the adding is enabled in your control panel. It is installed in a disabled mode.

Plugins & Products -> Manage Products
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jasff
        • Sep 2012
        • 4.2.X

Hi Wayne. I already did go into Manage Products and enabled it. Also went into Member Area of Vbulletin and it's activated.

I read your post on Forum Runner. I just submitted a ticket here. In the meantime, if you have any other suggestions, I'll give them a try.
        Thanks for your responses.

Joey

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

When I visit your site and load the forumrunner request.php, I get a 500 server error.

Just add /forumrunner/request.php after your domain. We would need to know what this 500 error is.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jasff
            • Sep 2012
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            When I visit your site and load the forumrunner request.php, I get a 500 server error.

Just add /forumrunner/request.php after your domain. We would need to know what this 500 error is.
            Okay. I'll find out more about the error.
            Thanks for checking.

Comment

• jasff
              • Sep 2012
              • 4.2.X

All is good. It verified!
              The issues was a bad permission. My host fixed it.
              We are up and running. Thanks so much for your excellent support!!!

Comment