X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phil56
    • Dec 2010
    • 5.1.x

[Forum] 500 Error

I have changed permissions and everything I know to do but everytime I try to install I get a 500 Server Error I have never had a problem before. Anyone got any ideas? My host don't know.
    History is the lie currently being told. Voltaire
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

When does the 500 error appear? Before the installation starts or while the isntallation is running?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Phil56
      • Dec 2010
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Hartmut
      When does the 500 error appear? Before the installation starts or while the isntallation is running?
      Before it starts......I type in the installation URL to install and it goes straight to the 500 error. Tried changing permissions but nothing works. Just do not understand I have been using this same host for a long time without incident now all of a sudden this. There is also a 404 error included with the 500 I forgot to mention sorry.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If there is a 404, then that means file not found. Are you sure you are putting the files in the correct directory on your server and then pointing the browser to the correct directory?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Phil56
          • Dec 2010
          • 5.1.x

Everything is there...the only thing I do notice is its changing all the file permissions to 775....I have 2 licenses a Suite and a Forum I looked at the forum files and they are set at 755 but yet when I try that with the Suite install I still get the 500 error.......anything I should look at in particular as far as file permissions go?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

755 is fine.

I would suggest you put in a ticket with all the necessary server information so we may take a look.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Phil56
              • Dec 2010
              • 5.1.x

What server info do you need?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

The information to login to the server via ftp to check out what is going on.

Comment