X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Eyes
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Remove Posts and Threads

I have a database of 8 GB, i want to remove all the posts and threads. Is there an easy way to do this rather than pruning which is consuming so much RAM, Processor and Time.

I was thinking of dropping the tables and replacing them with new installation tables? It is important all the other things remain same, just dont want posts, threads or forum sections.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Eagle Eyes
    I have a database of 8 GB, i want to remove all the posts and threads. Is there an easy way to do this rather than pruning which is consuming so much RAM, Processor and Time.

I was thinking of dropping the tables and replacing them with new installation tables? It is important all the other things remain same, just dont want posts, threads or forum sections.
    You should try this on a test site first. When you delete the thread and post tables manually, you need to set up the stats for new by entering the maintenance section in AdminCP. That should work, yes.

If you just want to get your DB smaller... maybe you are saving attachments into your DB instead of into the file system? Switching this could help without losing posts.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Eagle Eyes
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.8.x

Hello,

I want to keep the stats, users, everything as is.
      Just want to remove the threads along with their posts.

So i should i remove the "post" table along with the "threads" table and replace them with the new vbulletin installation tables?

Please let me know how to go about.

Comment

• Eagle Eyes
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.8.x

Update on this?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Are you sure your post and thread tables are the problem? You really cant just drop them, things are interlinked pretty deeply in vbulletin. Which is why we'd advise pruning.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...