• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *~Vix~*
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Problem using email manager

Please can anyone help?

The email setup is fine and all admin can receive e-mails. BUT, when we try to send out e-mails using the email manager I keep getting an error message that tells me no users matched my query.

What I'd like to be able to do is to send e-mails to members in specific primary usergroups, and to members in specific additional usergroups.

All groups are listed under 'Primary Usergroup' and the same under 'Additional Usergroup', but I can't for the life of me work out which boxes to tick that ensures the additional usergroups receive the emails. The admin primary usergroup received them but it seems no one else did.

Could anyone please tell me where I might be going wrong?

Thank you!
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

You were using AdminCP -> Users -> Send Email to Users i guess?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• *~Vix~*
      • Jan 2012
      • 4.0.x

Yes.

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
        • Feb 2005

what button you click to send? There are 5 buttons the one near the user name [Exact match] it will send to only that user.
        The other three are 'Submit' and they work with the search criteria. The last button is the 'Send' button, it will work for all in order.
        Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
        vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• *~Vix~*
          • Jan 2012
          • 4.0.x

I click on 'Send' at the bottom, but I did also try 'Submit' under 'Include users that have declined admin emails?' and none of these work at all.

Again, the e-mails are going out to the 'Admin' group but no others. I'm totally stumped.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, been doing some digging. It seems when I go into 'edit usergroup' all of the permissions that had been set up were lost. Absolutely everything. This is really odd. They've all been fine until recently (and we have had the e-mail system working before) so I don't know what could have happened to make them all lose their permissions en masse. Do you know if there is any way to reset them in one go please? I have literally hundreds of groups so don't really relish having to go through and reset them from scratch one-by-one!

Also, how do you make sure the primary usergroups are unchecked by default?

Thanks again!
          Last edited by *~Vix~*; Sat 29 Sep '12, 5:23am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...