• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangeade
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Blog] HELP! Blog spam - I'm getting 100 posts a day

URGENT!

In the last week I've started getting around 100 spam blog posts per day.

What can I do to stop this? Deleting them is taking up lots of time every day.

Even if I delete the user, their post remains in the admin panel under "View Blog Entries". I have to delete them individually (there's no mass delete tool). It is taking up hours of my time. I have tried everything to stop spamers registering in my forum but it seems to have no effect.
    My vBulletin forum. Check it out!
    Apps: iPhone/iPad, Android
  • uk chi3f
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.X

Not sure if it will help or not but have you registered your site on akismet and made sure your registration entries and bot proof (as much as can be)

These two things stopped us getting any spammers and bots we now get 2-10 a week where we do allow unregistered users to post
    If i haven't already told you, I've caused the problem on [URL="http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/content.php"]Xbox players official site[/URL="http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/content.php"]

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
      • Feb 2005

You can mass delete blogs if you consider using the blog inlinemod. Try to activate spam management to deal with spammers.
      If you can handle them in registration it will be easy to find and block them once they register.

I would suggest using Q&A for human verification.
      Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
      vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• croft
        • Aug 2002
        • 4.1.x

Lucky guy with only 100 spam blogs per day. I wish i had that amount to deal with.
        Check out my blog stats.
        I have aksimet and question and answer verification.
        I have left the blog alone for now but im gonna have to remove it completely.

Blogs6,648Entries111,082Last 24 Hours2,230
        Pimp Daddy Croft Magazine

Comment

• markwein
          • Feb 2009

I shut my blogs off. My regular users weren't using them anyway.
          MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...