How do we get to the members area now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omegatron
    • Mar 2004

[Forum] How do we get to the members area now?

You all changed your site to support the new vb5 connect and your members area goes to some new page where you enter an email and password and no login works and likewise if I use the forgot password thing nothing gets emailed to me.

How do us customers of vb4 sign in and get to our software we paid for?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You would use the email that is associated with your Customer Account and your regular password. If you are having issues, please put in a support ticket.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• omegatron
      • Mar 2004

Thanks will try that. I have used the password reset thing and never get an email from you. This new site is not user friendly at all.

Comment

• omegatron
        • Mar 2004

How long do I have to wait for a reply?

I have a few times now over the last 5 days send email and tried contacting and get no replies to either the lost password system or contacting via email about the issue either. I have checked spam filters trash nothing is sent to me and I am using verizon. I expect a reply to this issue promptly as this has been 5 days now I have been trying to get into my members area.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Please pm me with the email you're using to contact our sales department

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Where are you sending the email? Send an email to [email protected] You are using an email on here that is not associated with any customer account, so I can't really find out any information about your account from your vbulletin.com account.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Super Cat
              • Jan 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by omegatron
              You all changed your site to support the new vb5 connect and your members area goes to some new page where you enter an email and password and no login works and likewise if I use the forgot password thing nothing gets emailed to me.

How do us customers of vb4 sign in and get to our software we paid for?
              Go to Home Page, Login, after log in your name appears and there is a drop down to members area.

- - - Updated - - -

Read it wrong. You can't get in after you get to email password? I had to register when this first came out. I used a new password.

Comment

• ShackMaster
                • Apr 2006
                • 3.5.x

Where do you find a register link? And why would you have to register if you are already a customer with a customer number and were already registered? This makes absolutely no sense.

I also had the same issue... cannot get an email sent, although I have submitted an email to [email protected]

You would think we would have gotten some sort of notification of changes if we were required to register again or if our old customer number was going to no longer be of use for logging in.
                http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

Comment

• wave-rice
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 5.5.x

Originally posted by ShackMaster
                  Where do you find a register link? And why would you have to register if you are already a customer with a customer number and were already registered? This makes absolutely no sense.

I also had the same issue... cannot get an email sent, although I have submitted an email to [email protected]

You would think we would have gotten some sort of notification of changes if we were required to register again or if our old customer number was going to no longer be of use for logging in.
                  You're not required to register again. You only need to login with the email address that is registered with your customer number.

So the email address that your customer number was sent to previously and the same password will be used to login to the Members Area.
                  Aakif Nazir

Comment

• ShackMaster
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.5.x

I figured it out. I guess I need to update that old email address. After 6 years I forgot I had used it to register. It would be nice to have someway to retrieve the information via the customer number... or have been notified at that email address of the change in login. Just a courtesy notice would have sufficed.
                    http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

Comment

• wave-rice
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by ShackMaster
                      I figured it out. I guess I need to update that old email address. After 6 years I forgot I had used it to register. It would be nice to have someway to retrieve the information via the customer number... or have been notified at that email address of the change in login. Just a courtesy notice would have sufficed.
                      I understand your concern and I apologies that this was not done prior to the change.
                      Aakif Nazir

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...