Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drakie
    • Oct 2010

[Forum] When clicking "Edit post" no text shows up

When I click on "Edit post" the old text does not show up, what can be the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the wysiwyg-editor looks like this:

I tried to disable AJAX but it does not make any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Reverted templates didnt help.
    Last edited by Drakie; Fri 21 Sep '12, 7:12am.
    Can you believe this? The developers overlooked one of the most important features of a forum!
    VOTE HERE FOR:
    Alert/Notification when being quoted
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8606
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I would try re-uploading all the files in your /clientscript/ folder to the server, looks like some ckeditor files are damaged or missing.

Also check for "Suspect Files" in Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics

Comment

• Drakie
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Joe D.
      I would try re-uploading all the files in your /clientscript/ folder to the server, looks like some ckeditor files are damaged or missing.

Also check for "Suspect Files" in Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics
      Thanks for your reply. Replacing those files did nothing. I did also run the diagnostics and it told me that it did expect "4.2.0 files" and not "4.2.0 Patch level 2" even when I've upgraded!
      So I uploaded all files again and was about to run the upgrade.php when this was on top of the site:
      Code:
      Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::instance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3314

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 668

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_index() in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_index() in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_field() in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_field() in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::query() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::query() in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::return_data() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_upgrade_product.php on line 182

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::build() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 499

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 89

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 503

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::return_data() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_upgrade_product.php on line 182

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::build() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 499

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 89

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 503

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 744

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in /home/someusername/domains/*******.com/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 745

more lines like this
      What to do now?

- - - Updated - - -

I added "ini_set("display_errors", "0");" to init.php and now there's "only" 3 errors left:

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::instance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/somestring/domains/domains.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3314

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/somestring/domains/domains.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in /home/somestring/domains/domains.com/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 744

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/somestring/domains/domains.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in /home/somestring/domains/domains.com/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 745
      - - - Updated - - -

Ok, I did comment out line 25 in init.php and ran the upgrade.

In the diagnostics, can I delete all the files where is says that vb doesnt recognize them:
      Can you believe this? The developers overlooked one of the most important features of a forum!
      VOTE HERE FOR:
      Alert/Notification when being quoted
      http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8606

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

If you don't have any 3rd party add-ons (mods) then you can safely delete files VB does not recognize. Personally I would download a backup of each just in case there was something I forgot about but vBulletin itself won't be looking for those files.

What version of PHP is running on your server? You can see the PHP version when you log into the Admin CP.

Comment

• Niktator
          • Sep 2009
          • 5.5.x

Hi,

got the same issue. I replaced the whole http stuff with vanilla files - still the same problem. The editorbox is just empty ;(
          I checked the db - everything was fine.
          Would be nice, if we can find a QUICK solution, since the update renders the cms, forum and so on unuseable.
          By now I did a rollback, but i got 2 testservers running with that problem.

php version: 5.4.6-1ubuntu1.1 (default in ubuntu server (quantal), stable).

greets, Nik
          Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Niktator
            Hi,

got the same issue. I replaced the whole http stuff with vanilla files - still the same problem. The editorbox is just empty ;(
            I checked the db - everything was fine.
            Would be nice, if we can find a QUICK solution, since the update renders the cms, forum and so on unuseable.
            By now I did a rollback, but i got 2 testservers running with that problem.

php version: 5.4.6-1ubuntu1.1 (default in ubuntu server (quantal), stable).

greets, Nik
            vBulletin 4.x is not yet compatible with PHP 5.4. Please change to PHP 5.3.x.

Comment

• Niktator
              • Sep 2009
              • 5.5.x

Thanks for your answer. Even if I don`t like the reason/solution.
              Will 4.2.1 have php5.4 support?

greets, Nik
              Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Not sure yet if it will be in 4.2.1 or not at this point, but it will be added to 4.x at some point.

Comment

• the_condor
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Look here hxxp://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15496

thats is a short Fix!

Comment

• MoreLinux
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by the_condor
                    Look here hxxp://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15496

thats is a short Fix!
                    Clean and easy fix! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment