X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daimpa
    • May 2013
    • 4.2.X

vbulletin database unkown tables

Hello, I've noticed some strange tables in my vb database. I think that I made them for backup reasons while moving images from db to file system, but now I don't remember. I moved from phpbb to vbulletin with impex one year ago. Can you confirm that these tables aren't useful for vbulletin, and I can delete them? Is there anyway to check if these tables are used by something?

vvbackup_attachment 1.2 MiB -
    vvbackup_attachmentcategory 1 KiB -
    vvbackup_attachmentcategoryuser 1.8 KiB -
    vvbackup_attachmentpermission 1 KiB -
    vvbackup_attachmenttype 2.8 KiB -
    vvbackup_attachmentviews 1.1 KiB -
    vvbackup_filedata 654MiB
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

All of those tables are normal and are used in vBulletin, why do you think they're not?

Comment

• daimpa
      • May 2013
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      All of those tables are normal and are used in vBulletin, why do you think they're not?
      Hello, first of all thanks for the reply. I thought that they weren't part of vBulletin because of the name. Just want to clarify, vvbackup isn't the prefix for the vbulletin tables of the database. Other tables like adminhelp have NO prefix in the database. Do you confirm you reply?
      If so, now I've another question. is it normal that the size of vvbackup_filedata is 654MiB?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by daimpa
        Is there anyway to check if these tables are used by something?
        Yes, simply rename them slightly (prefix them with "z_" for example) and see if anything breaks.

You could also (as another guide) check the date the tables were last updated.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• daimpa
          • May 2013
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
          Yes, simply rename them slightly (prefix them with "z_" for example) and see if anything breaks.

You could also (as another guide) check the date the tables were last updated.
          Hello, last update is more than 1 year ago. I'm a bit worriet to add e prefix, it may cause crash in other tables? My forum is much active in every hour. I want to add that I've also the same tables in the DB, but without the prefix "vvbackup_", so is it possible that I made them for backup purpose when moving files from db to file system? The new filedata table is only 3MiB.
          Any help?

Comment

• daimpa
            • May 2013
            • 4.2.X

Help please? I need to speak with my hosting about the dimension of the DB, so I don't know what to say if I don't know if I can remove these tables...

Comment

• daimpa
              • May 2013
              • 4.2.X

Up?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Turn off your forum (vboptions > Turn your site On/Off > Site Active > No and then do as Paul said in post 4. Once you rename the tables, try posting on your site and see if anything is broken.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment