Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBen
    • Nov 2006

[Forum] Database sharing???

Is it possible to achieve a database share between forums, for example I would like to have....

main site
    subforum 1
    subforum 2
    subforum 3

I want them to be able to share login information and that is it, everything else should have the ability to have its own content, is this something I can achieve with vBulletin?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you talking about 4 different installations of vBulletin using a single database or a structure like we have on here?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TheBen
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      Are you talking about 4 different installations of vBulletin using a single database or a structure like we have on here?
      I'm contemplating different installs that share login information.

Or alternatively I may hide sections only accessible with a link kinda like vB.org does I just want to see what is achievable and what isn't.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you search at vBulletin.org, there may be modifications that allow user information sharing across different installations.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TheBen
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          If you search at vBulletin.org, there may be modifications that allow user information sharing across different installations.
          Only thing I have found is the ability to create a network of sites, share forums basically which isn't the same concept as it does not share database information.

Ok, perhaps we can take this another route.....

How do I achieve the same thing as vB.org and hide forums from view but have them available via a link at the top of the site. Because I have messed around a great deal with the settings and cannot achieve the same.

Comment

• zascok
            • Jul 2012
            • 3.8.x

Here we go, but it's beta at the moment http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197

Originally posted by TheBen
            Only thing I have found is the ability to create a network of sites, share forums basically which isn't the same concept as it does not share database information.

Ok, perhaps we can take this another route.....

How do I achieve the same thing as vB.org and hide forums from view but have them available via a link at the top of the site. Because I have messed around a great deal with the settings and cannot achieve the same.

Comment

• TheBen
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by zascok
              Here we go, but it's beta at the moment http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197
              Fantastic. Thanks a lot I have never seen this before over at vb.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...