Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Invalid Forum Specified (Chrome Mobile)

Withing the last week I have received complaints from my users that are using chrome mobile. I have also reproduced this problem myself.
    When I am looking at the forum listing on Chrome Mobile and I pick a forum it gives me the error "Invalid Forum specified.". I have troubleshot this a little and what I have found out is that there is an "=" sign getting added to the end of the url. for example the url will look like this www.mysite/forum/forumdisplay.php?35-Movies=. As you can see it is adding an "=" to the end of the url. I have two servers and several VB forums on each server and this is happening to all the VB sites using Chrome Mobile.
    Is this a Chrome Mobile issue or what is it?
    How can I fix this problem for my Chrome Mobile users?
  • Bat21
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

I am getting increasing complaints of this nature too. Has anyone got any idea what has suddenly caused this to occur?

Comment

• Bat21
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

Anyone else getting this? Or managed to resolve it?

Oddly, if I copy a link URL in the browser and paste it into a text editor on the tablet, the = character is not there...... so where is it coming from?

Comment

• Bat21
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

I have resolved this issue by the following:-
        In AdminCP > Settings > Options > Friendly URLs, mine were set to Basic Friendly URLs, I have now changed it to Advanced Friendly URLs and it seems to be fine.

Not sure if this change will have an adverse effect on anything else though?

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Bat21
          I have resolved this issue by the following:-
          In AdminCP > Settings > Options > Friendly URLs, mine were set to Basic Friendly URLs, I have now changed it to Advanced Friendly URLs and it seems to be fine.

Not sure if this change will have an adverse effect on anything else though?
          Your fix helped me too. Thank you for posting this.

Comment