X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pw2467
    • May 2011
    • 3.7.x

Facebook Connect - VB 4.2.2 - asking for too many permissions

When configuring Facebook Connect in vBulletin I set all import options to "Do not import", including the Date of Birth. Yet, when users are trying to register using FB they are greeted with the following warning:

Submit for Login Review
    Some of the permissions below have not been approved for use by Facebook.
    and this:

[forum name] will receive the following info: your public profile, email address, birthday, work history, interests, current city, website, personal description and likes.
    It looks like VB is still asking for all the details, and hence the warning. Is there anyway to fix this?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

It is Facebook that requires those permissions in order for Facebook Connect to work. vBulletin does not require them or have access to them. There is nothing we can do about this.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• pw2467
      • May 2011
      • 3.7.x

Facebook is saying that VB is asking for this information. The permissions required for login are:

email
      Provides access to the person's primary email address. This permission is approved by default.
      public_profile
      Provides access to a person's basic information, including first name, last name, profile picture, gender and age range. This permission is approved by default.
      user_friends
      Provides access to a person's list of friends that also use your app. This permission is approved by default.
      As you can see, all are approved by default. Somehow Facebook thinks that VB is also asking for:

your public profile, email address, birthday, work history, interests, current city, website, personal description and likes
      and hence the warning.

Comment

• pw2467
        • May 2011
        • 3.7.x

Actually the warning and the remaining information is only displayed because I have not completed the App registration in Facebook. It only shows if the App. owner tries to use FB Connect. Other users receive a warning that the app is not configured properly. Thanks for your help.

Comment