Clicking My Profile and Username gives errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking My Profile and Username gives errors

How do we undo this? When a registered user clicks My Profile on the line with Welcome, he gets an error message. When he clicks his username, he gets an error message, too. We made a bunch of permission changes but didn't intend for this to happen.

Clicking Settings/ Edit Profile works.

Thanks!
  • KurtinSA
    • Aug 2014
    • 4.2.x

I don't think I have an answer for you, but it might help if you provide more details on exactly what the error message says. Maybe a screen shot?

Kurt

Comment

The message says: username, at least for the moment you cannot access the page you requested. This could be for any one of these reasons:
      1. Are you a very recent registrant? Our Moderators try to approve registrations within 24 hours, but don't always manage that. We apologize if that's what happened - if that's the case you will probably have access shortly.
      2. The page you asked for might be open only to subscribers. Have you subscribed?
      3. Even if you are a subscriber, your account might not be allowed to access certain pages - for example if you are trying to edit someone else's post or access website administration.
      4. Though very unlikely, it's also possible an administrator has put limits on your account.

To ask us about any of this, please use the Contact Us link on our front page.

Hope someone can help figure it out for me.

Thanks.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

That looks like a customised version of the standard "No Permission" error.

Check that the usergroup concerned actually has permission to view user profiles.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment