• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Creating a Scheduled Task: Update User Titles and Ranks

Hi all!

I would like to create a new Scheduled Task to "Update User Titles and Ranks". I'm not certain of what should be used for the "Varname" and "Filename" fields?

Thanks!
    Paula
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Varname doesn't really matter- just something unique. (letters and numbers only)

The Filename however needs to be the name of the actual .php file you wrote containing the code to do what you want to do. It is usually placed in the /includes/cron/ directory with the other scheduled task php files.

For help with custom coding vBulletin mods please ask on vBulletin.org.

Comment

• gsk8
      • Jun 2003
      • 4.2.x

Oh I didn't realize I had to write code. I just assumed that when it said "Add Task" that it would be something the system could do. So basically the only tasks you can add are the tasks that are already there by default, right?
      Paula

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

The only tasks you can add without writing your own code, yes.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You shouldn't be needing to run these tasks much if at all. Why do you want to run this on a task?

Comment

• WalkingWaldo
            • Jun 2011

I have an add-on that adds users to secondary user groups correctly, but that does not seem to change the associated (with the new usergroup) ranks for the user.

When I manually run admincp -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks the usergroup updates correctly and user gets the associated rank title. I did not see any cron scheduled tasks that product the same result by clicking on each of the Run Now buttons under admincp -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager.

I do get the correct result by running admincp -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks. How would I create a scheduled task to run Update User Titles and Ranks?

Regards,

Comment

• Hartmut
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.x

Please open a new thread for your request.
              No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by WalkingWaldo
                I have an add-on that adds users to secondary user groups correctly, but that does not seem to change the associated (with the new usergroup) ranks for the user.

When I manually run admincp -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks the usergroup updates correctly and user gets the associated rank title. I did not see any cron scheduled tasks that product the same result by clicking on each of the Run Now buttons under admincp -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager.

I do get the correct result by running admincp -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks. How would I create a scheduled task to run Update User Titles and Ranks?

Regards,
                As was explained in this thread that would require custom coding. Please ask on www.vbulletin.org, the modification site, for help with custom code projects.

Comment