Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svsanchez
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] SQL Syntax error near 'ORDER BY a.contentid, a.displayorder' at line 19

Hello, I recently upgraded to MySQL 5.1.63 and now I am having the following problem when I try to create a new thread:

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY a.contentid, a.displayorder' at line 19
    Error Number : 1064
    Request Date : Saturday, September 8th 2012 @ 02:19:00 PM
    Error Date : Saturday, September 8th 2012 @ 02:19:00 PM
    Script : http://www.deguate.com/foros/newthre...=newthread&f=2
    Referrer : http://www.deguate.com/foros/forumdi...Amor-y-Amistad
    IP Address : 190.148.182.193
    Username : admin
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.1.63-cll

And when I try to access an existing thread:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND whoread.dateline > 1313267986' at line 9
    Error Number : 1064
    Request Date : Saturday, September 8th 2012 @ 02:17:55 PM
    Error Date : Saturday, September 8th 2012 @ 02:17:55 PM
    Script : http://www.deguate.com/foros/showthr...8sexualidad%29
    Referrer : http://www.deguate.com/foros/forumdi...?31-Sexualidad
    IP Address : 190.148.182.193

I already tried the Repair/Optimize tool in the admin but nothing changed. Can someone please tell me how to correct this issue.

Thank you.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I am not getting any errors as an Unregistered User. Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• svsanchez
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Hello Lynne, I have no plugins or modifications, anyhow I added the line of code you sent me to config.php and I still get the same error. I accessed as a guest and I didn't get the error as you mentionned, so I tried registering a new account to see if there were any other problems and I couldn't register because the verification image doesn't show up! Could you please help me solve these problems.

Thank you!

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Did you only upgrade your mysql, not your php? You image verification issue is this and you need to talk to your host about why it no longer works:

Code:
        [B]Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor() in [B]/home/deguate/public_html/foros/includes/class_image.php on line [B]1761[/B][/B][/B]
        That is a basic php function that is needed.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• svsanchez
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

Hello Lynne, yes they also upgraded PHP, I will ask them to activate that function, will that solve also the first reported problem?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I do not know as I cannot see the whole error.

Comment

• svsanchez
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Hello Lynne, I asked my webhost to fix the imagecreatetruecolor() problem and they did, however now I can see an image but not the captcha letters, what else should I tell them to check?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

You must tell your host that you need them to enable Freetype 2 support for GD.

Comment

• svsanchez
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Hello Lynne, Freetype 2 support for GD has been enabled, and I am now able to create a new username. But the POST NEW THREAD button still doesn't work, could you please try creating a username and then posting to see what is going on as a registered user? Thank you!

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

If you provide me with a test username/password then I can go see what is up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...