X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watershed
    • Feb 2012
    • 5.3.x

[Forum] Completely ignore threads started by users on your ignore list

Hi, I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but so far i've looked hard and couldn't find a solution for this problem. When a user chooses to ignore another, all of his messages are ignored but threads started still appear. This means that if a user puts some provocative comments in his thread title they will still be visible, which makes the whole ignore system quite problematic.

I've received several complaints about this issue so it's quite important for me to find a solution or workaround for this.

Would appreciate any help, thanks
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

I would say offending others should be an issue to warren and/or ban for. I know that's not what you're asking... If the thread still shows, then that's not a full ignore feature and maybe you should report it in Jira

- - - Updated - - -

I just tested it, and you're right, the thread title is showing and that's not good.
    Though I am an Admin and I see everything, did you try it with non admin account?
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• watershed
      • Feb 2012
      • 5.3.x

Yes this is a problem that was reported by several of my users.

Regarding your comment, you are generally right. The thing is that certain issues do not warrant a banning from the forum (we are very, very liberal when it comes to banning, and try to avoid it at all costs). In order for this to work we need to allow users to ignore certain users which offend them (let me just say in a nut shell that my forum has a mixture of religious/atheist users and some religious users would like to not be exposed to certain materials).

Comment

• wave-rice
        • Feb 2011
        • 5.5.x

Might be a modification for this sort of thing.

You should put a request in JIRA for this too.
        Aakif Nazir

Comment

• watershed
          • Feb 2012
          • 5.3.x

I've also posted a question regarding this at vbulletin.org, awaiting answer. I've tried pretty hard to search for such mod but could not find one. I have however read several messages of Vbulletin users pointing out this very problem.

Regarding Jira, can you please point me to where I can put this request? Thanks

Comment

• wave-rice
            • Feb 2011
            • 5.5.x

To put a new request in to JIRA, you can follow this link.

Fill as many fields in as you can and try to detail the request to the best of your ability.
            Aakif Nazir

Comment

• Merjawy
              • Sep 2002

Click Tracker tab at the top navigation bar. And from there you can read on how to submit/create a Jira report.

This will help too. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...ow_to_use_jira
              To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
              My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
              CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
              Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• watershed
                • Feb 2012
                • 5.3.x

Ok i have added it: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15465

Hopefully it will be tackled and fixed.

Comment

• wave-rice
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 5.5.x

Good work. I voted for it.
                  Aakif Nazir

Comment

• watershed
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 5.3.x

Thanks! I wasn't so sure what to put down as priority (pretty subjective stuff here ) but i saw it was updated to minor so i'm fine with that.

Comment

• wave-rice
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 5.5.x

Yeah, usually someone will come along and fix up your request on JIRA if they think it needs adjusting
                      Aakif Nazir

Comment

• watershed
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 5.3.x

Is there a way to get an approximation on when this will be added, or if it will be added at all?

The reason I'm asking is that I keep getting questions about this issue from my users, and I'm unable to give them a definite answer whether this will be solved at all

Thanks

Comment

• John Lester
                          • Jul 2000
                          • 4.1.x

This issue has been around since ... well forever. I started with 4.0.4 and noticed it right away and was told that's how it works. The ignore feature should also ignore quotes as well.
                          BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
                          sigpic

Comment

• watershed
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 5.3.x

With regards to quotes I have come across a modification on vbulletin.org that is supposed to deal with that (although from reading comments about the modification i think it may have some issues). I have not found a modification which solves the thread ignoring issue though.

Has this been added to the tracker before and not solved?

I wonder if this is just harder to implement than it is, since it seems quite elementary (ignoring should...ignore )

Comment

• temp 4
                              • Jun 2007

i also want this to be resolved.

voted for the JIRA request

nice username btw, watershed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...