Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJKCards
    • Jul 2005

PM notification email mis-formatted after SSL

We recently switched to SSL, and right after that whenever I get the "New Private Message at Domain.com Forum", it shows up with no line breaks, and everything is just run together in a big block of text. What is the best way to resolve this?

Thanks
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Is that the only email with the problem? If you go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics and send a test email, does that one work ok? There is text formatting in the the test email to make sure formatting is working.

If only the New Private Message email is having the problem then go to Phrase Manager and view/edit the phrase, see if its bad there. It would be under Email Body Phrases.

Comment

• PJKCards
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Is that the only email with the problem? If you go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics and send a test email, does that one work ok? There is text formatting in the the test email to make sure formatting is working.

If only the New Private Message email is having the problem then go to Phrase Manager and view/edit the phrase, see if its bad there. It would be under Email Body Phrases.
      I ran the diagnostic and it returned no errors.

The odd thing about this is that sometimes the email comes through fine, other times it comes through mis-formatted (no line breaks). I don't notice any pattern. Could a mod or hack be causing this, or can SSL somehow cause it?
      Thanks.

Comment

• PJKCards
        • Jul 2005

bump

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

So some of your emails are coming though without new lines? Which emails? Is it consistently the same one(s) or type of emails? Some users? All Users?

Comment

• PJKCards
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
            So some of your emails are coming though without new lines? Which emails? Is it consistently the same one(s) or type of emails? Some users? All Users?
            It is definitely with the New Private Message notification. Happens randomly, not every time, but probably 40% from my experience. Not sure if it is specific users or what, but from what I've experienced it happens to me as an admin for New PM email notifications. Where do I start to diagnose this?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

The problem is trying to figure out where the issue lies. The email functions are pretty straight forward. Does your mail client allow you to look at the original email sent? Is it possible your mail client is just parsing some of the emails badly?

Comment

• PJKCards
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
                The problem is trying to figure out where the issue lies. The email functions are pretty straight forward. Does your mail client allow you to look at the original email sent? Is it possible your mail client is just parsing some of the emails badly?
                Everything looks fine. It is inconsistent, some emails format fine and others don't. No idea what could cause this, but started after implementing SSL, though it may not be related.

Comment

• PJKCards
                  • Jul 2005

I still haven't been able to resolve this. The Diagnostic returns the line breaks fine, but some of the time notifications don't have line breaks, and sometimes they do.

It is hard to figure out since sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. How can I troubleshoot this? I was going to disable mods, but not sure how I can test if it is works.

Thanks.
                  Build a community website with the leading forum software, vBulletin 5 Connect, or in the cloud on vB Cloud!
                  Last edited by PJKCards; Thu 10 Sep '15, 6:11pm. Reason: remove url

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...