What is the searchcore_text table used for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobosix
    • Oct 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] What is the searchcore_text table used for?

My host informed me that there were a lot of spam entries in my searchore_text table. I'm going through it now, but there is not a good way to sort it to try and find the spam entries.

What is this table used for, and can I clear it without effecting my site. If so, what's the best way to go about it?

Thank you for your time and any help,

Keith

This table is related to vB search engine and functionality. Clearing it up most probably will cause problems when you search your site.

Spam entries there means that there is spam content in your site that has been indexed to the search tables. I can't understand how you could have spam entries in your search tables only, unless of course something is wrong with your installation.

I suppose you could clear the table via AdminCP by emptying and rebuilding your search indexes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

Comment

• mobosix
      • Oct 2003
      • 4.2.X

Thanks for that. I looked though all the entries in the database table and did not see any spam entries my self. So I asked my host what they were seeing. If they come back with something, I'll try clearing it via the ACP as you suggest.

Comment

• mobosix
        mobosix commented
        Editing a comment
        Just testing the comment feature. Not sure why users would want to use it over just quoting the original post as before??
    • EliasAlucard
      • Nov 2009

Is it really needed though? Can I delete it? It takes a lot of space.
      “Human beings are animals: very unusual animals, to be sure, but nevertheless animals. In origin, we are not fallen angels, but apes arisen.” — Michael H. Hart

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by EliasAlucard
        Is it really needed though? Can I delete it? It takes a lot of space.
        If you want people to be able to search your site, then it is needed. It contains all the search information. If you delete it, you cannot search your site at all.

mobosix - Hosts often do blanket scans of content and get a lot of false positives. They don't look at things in context and really don't know if it is spam or not. Some program put a tick mark next to your name due to a scan. They don't verify the information that comes back.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...