Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hummie
    • Nov 2007

[Forum] Attachment Problems

At first I thought this was a problem caused by a plug-in because it occurred the same time as I was playing with new features, but then I went to my other forum on the same server and it was doing the same thing, so it must be something else. I know there was just a javascript update put out. Could it be with that? It doesn't seem like it, but worth it to put that out there too.

When I upload from my computer using the attachment popup, it used to put it right into the compose box inline.
    Now, it seems to just add it as an attachment and I cannot see it until after I make the post.

I can edit the post and go to the attachment management and insert it inline, but this is a big hassle.

Any ideas? I cannot seem to find anything to fix.

EDIT: by attachment, I mean I am using the "insert image" button.
    Last edited by Hummie; Mon 3 Sep '12, 9:27am.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

What you're describing is default behavior with the Manage attachments button (or paperclip icon). The Insert Image icon works the way you describe in that it inserts the attachment code.

Comment

• Hummie
      • Nov 2007

It is a problem with the "Insert Image" button.

I just read in another thread here that it might be a Firefox problem. I logged into IE and it seemed to work as it should. I logged into Chrome and it also worked okay.

So after I've spent hours and hours looking for a the answer to the problem in admin, it appears to be a Firefox problem.

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Try another computer running Firefox. If it works that would mean that Firefox on your computer needs to be re-stalled or perhaps some add-on or extension on your computer is the cause.

Comment

• toon79
          • Jun 2007
          • 4.2.X

This is also happening with my forum, only after the update to the new Firefox, happening with some smilee pop up also

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by toon79
            This is also happening with my forum, only after the update to the new Firefox, happening with some smilee pop up also
            Please read post #4, try that and report back.

Comment

• toon79
              • Jun 2007
              • 4.2.X

I have it works fine in the previous version of Firefox, I don't need to test it too much. Basically I have 2 PC's side by side, both running W7, this is fine in all browsers IE8 and 9, Chrome and Safari, one PC has firefox 14 which I've been using forever with the current VB and the current skin with the current plugins and no issues. One PC has been updated to firefox 15 1 day ago and this now has the error.

It happens on image upload and insert inline, it happens posting a URL and retreiving to the forum it is also happening on insert Smilee, it 100% is to do with a change in Firefox as v14 still works as it has been it is only on the updated version.

Comment

• Andy
                • Jan 2002
                • 4.1.x

I have it works fine in the previous version of Firefox, I don't need to test it too much. Basically I have 2 PC's side by side, both running W7, this is fine in all browsers IE8 and 9, Chrome and Safari, one PC has firefox 14 which I've been using forever with the current VB and the current skin with the current plugins and no issues. One PC has been updated to firefox 15 1 day ago and this now has the error.

It happens on image upload and insert inline, it happens posting a URL and retreiving to the forum it is also happening on insert Smilee, it 100% is to do with a change in Firefox as v14 still works as it has been it is only on the updated version.
                That's not a proper test. You need to try Firefox v15 on another computer besides the one you are having issues with. I suggest you upgrade your other computer to v15 and I bet it will work just fine.

Comment

• toon79
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 4.2.X

Click image for larger version

Name:	mac-desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	3690127

I can recreate the problem here also, I upload from my desktop one image fine but when I try to upload a second it doesn't place it in the post like it used to, instead it treats it like an attachement.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Andy
                  That's not a proper test. You need to try Firefox v15 on another computer besides the one you are having issues with. I suggest you upgrade your other computer to v15 and I bet it will work just fine.
                  This version is now the same. First upload or URL link works fine but then when you try another the OK button just doesn't work.

Comment

• Andy
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 4.1.x

I can recreate the problem here also...
                    I went to try and reproduce the problem here and couldn't get past the initial bug I found with the Insert Image button. I reported it in Jira here:

Comment

• Hummie
                      • Nov 2007

Yes, I have had other users report the same results. Firefox does not work for them either. Safari also works (I did not test that earlier, but someone else did).

Comment

• Amaury
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Yeah, I've noticed this problem, too, both on here and on KH-MF.

Instead of the image being inserted like this and showing up while typing up a post...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]ID#[*/ATTACH]

...it doesn't show up in the editor at all and instead shows up in the same box a quote uses after posting.

However, the Insert Image window looks the same to me as before:
                        • From Computer
                        • Select Files
                        • Upload Files
                        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• toon79
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 4.2.X

Any VB Staff going to address us on this issue?

Comment

• Merjawy
                            • Sep 2002

What's your settings in AdminCP >> Settings >> Options >> Message Attachments Options? If you could take a screenshot and post it here.
                            To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                            My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                            CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                            Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Hummie
                              • Nov 2007

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	3690143

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I tried to take them, it needed four since it is such a long option box, but since attaching images in Firefox is the problem and I'm currently logged in in Firefox, it is sort of difficult.

I'm not sure it's anything about vBulletin, but am just waiting for the next update to Firefox. What do you bet it also causes problems in other areas of the internet and they will fix it eventually.
                              Attached Files

Comment