How to "send email to users" with good inbox rate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSR
    • Jul 2011

How to "send email to users" with good inbox rate?

Hi,

I have a forum with around 75k members. When I use the "send email to users" from the adminCP to send emails, about 50k emails bounce because they are being treated as SPAM. Gmail, Yahoo etc. thinks my emails are SPAM and they do not deliver it and out of 75k emails, about 50k are bounced (never delivered). The email text seems okayish, doesn't look spammy. I am on a VPS.

What to do? Any specific settings to use? Experts help required.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Use a valid SMTP account on your domain with proper reverse DNS.

You can contact your host to create a proper SMTP account. You can tell vBulletin to use it under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. Make sure the proper email is reflected in the Webmaster's Email under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JSR
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Use a valid SMTP account on your domain with proper reverse DNS.

You can contact your host to create a proper SMTP account. You can tell vBulletin to use it under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. Make sure the proper email is reflected in the Webmaster's Email under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details as well.

All of this is done. Everything is set up properly. There is no problem of 'sending' the email. The problem is users are not 'receiving' the emails in their inboxes because the mail providers (such as Yahoo and Gmail) think my emails are spam and they do not deliver it to the users inboxes.

Comment

• JSR
        • Jul 2011

Can anyone reply?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Is your SMTP address the same as your webmaster email?
          Do you have reverse DNS setup?
          DMARC configured?
          We don't provide email configuration services/etc. That's something you'd talk to your webhost about,

Comment