Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShackMaster
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

[CMS] Unable to edit new Articles posted...

Version 4.2 PL2

After posting a new article I am unable to edit it. The edit does not save, instead reverts back to the original article.

I am able to edit older articles, but not new ones I have just posted.

I am also able to edit posts in the forum without issues.

Our server management has been applying security measures and changed permissions on several folders just yesterday, so I am wondering if we may have changed permissions on a folder or file that we should not have changed and it is not allowing the edit.

Is there a particular folder or file that has to have a specific permission to allow editing of new articles? It would seem strange to me that I can edit older articles but not newer ones, but it would not surprise me if this is the case.

There were no issues editing new articles a few days ago, but since then we have upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2 and added security measures on the server.

We only have 5 plugins on this forum and I disabled all of them and the edit is still not taking.

Looking for any ideas what might cause this.

Thanks!
    http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Check your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) and see if that tells you what file they tried to access but could not because of permissions.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ShackMaster
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

Unbelievable? No, not really. Clear System Cache fixed it. The edits I attempted now show up and I can also make more edits with no issues.

A lot of headaches for something so simple. vBulletin never ceases to amaze me with such nonsense.
      http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

Comment