Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drakie
    • Oct 2010

[Forum] Make a anonymous forum-section?

Is it possible to make a anonymous forum-section in any way? So people can post without their username showing?
    Can you believe this? The developers overlooked one of the most important features of a forum!
    VOTE HERE FOR:
    Alert/Notification when being quoted
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8606
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Yes, I had that done that in the past... just setup a forum with permission to allow guests to post... I would make it moderated so it won't be abused and members/guest can post without revealing their usernames. when starting a thread or replying they have the option to enter a username (provided they are not logged in)

The way I had it to let logged in members use that forum without having to log out, is to have them click on the forum's link that doesn't include the www.

I had a professional come in ever few days and answer personal questions posted by users on my forum and lots don't want to post personal questions with their names/username. and it worked out alright.
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...