X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJKCards
    • Jul 2005

Going back in archives of users?

A user wrote this today:
    I was wondering if there's any way that people can go even further back in the archives?

I've noticed that when I try to go back a certain amount through a user, a searched topic, or really anything, it cuts off at 20 pages, and then when I try to go to the 20th page, it usually ends up being 17 pages, because they will just magically disappear. I'm not sure if I worded that correctly, but try going to "latest posts" on a popular user and you'll see what I'm referring to. I can also sort from oldest to newest, but then there's a huge chunk in between missing that I can't seem to locate unless I have specific search terms which doesn't always result with what I'm looking for either.

I'm really interested in reading some posts that happened years ago, but I'm not sure if there's a way I can access them. I feel like improving this would be helpful so that people don't ask questions answered dozens of times.

Any information on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Okay so I figured out how to see older threads in sub-forums but the function still doesn't work well for specific users? Is that just how that is?
    I've heard this issue before. Is it possible to allow people to go back to the beginning for users?

If not, any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks.
  • PJKCards
    • Jul 2005

Bump. Anyone have any ideas? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

The number of search results that a user will get is set in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Searching Options > Maximum Search Results to Return. The only way for a user to be able to get more results is if you change that value. It can have an affect on your server performance.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...