• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rfi
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Language Charset Problems

Hi

With reference to the upgiven post i tried all the solutions nothing worked for me.

But when i changed (tried solution no. 5 according to upgiven post)

include/config file

// $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';

After trying this all the plugins stopped working so i reset it again

what would be the solution? Please guide immediately

Best Regards,
    Rfi

- - - Updated - - -

no reply so far?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You haven't really stated what you exact problem is, so it's very hard to help out.

Also, please read the forum rules about waiting 24 hours before trying to bump your post.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• rfi
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.2.X

thanks for telling me the rules! i have fond the solution by myself, vbulletin support is equal to none.

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Have you thought of letting anyone else know the problem and the solution, so other people can learn?
        Anders Pettersson
        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• rfi
          • Jul 2010
          • 4.2.X

i was having problem of language char set in my forum since i had purchased vbulletin. I use the language other then that of English. The other language is in unicode so when i send RSS, or feed burn something the language was turned it *&EAA#### like this which was not readable i searched on google to find the solution and found this thread as result

i tried every solution which was told in it but nothing helped me. only applying solution no. 5 stopped my all plugins working i then reverted the action and asked here that what is the solution of solving this char set problem but unfortunately no one responded.

After that i contacted one of my friend who was using vbulletin and was using encoding utf-8 successfully he told me to go to

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Edit Settings] -> HTML Character Set

and replace HTML Character set which was ISO-89****-1 with UTF-8 and after saving the setting there was a small link under it rebuild language or something thing like on clicking it the forums style was rebuilt and it took few seconds.

Result are quite useful the encoding of complete forum changed to UTF-8 which is quite useful with out altering the database, rss and feed burner language is readable as well.
          Last edited by rfi; Tue 14 Aug '12, 8:30am.

Comment