Remove "All" activity stream from user profile page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobosix
    • Oct 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Remove "All" activity stream from user profile page?

Is it possible to remove the all portion of the activity stream on the user profile pages? It makes absolutely no sense to show the entire site's activity on a user's activity tab. Falling the ability to remove it, what would it take to make the user's activity sub tab the default display?
  • zascok
    • Jul 2012
    • 3.8.x

Enjoy as I am enjoing freedom from that useless thingy

Comment

• mobosix
      • Oct 2003
      • 4.2.X

Thanks, but I don't want to remove the whole (for example) "zascok's Activity" tab, just the default sub tab of ALL.

Okay, this is a little odd. Here on vB.com, when I open a zascok's profile, the default tab is "zascok's Activity" and the sub tab of "All" is displayed. And all it show's is the activy on the site by zascok. On my site, which is running 4.2.0, when I go to a member's profile page, the default is the About Me tab (from the mod over on vB.org), but when I click on the member's Activity tab, it show all activity from all members and not just the member I'm looking at.

Comment

• zascok
        • Jul 2012
        • 3.8.x

are you sure it's from all or just the activity of all the friends of that user? Cos if it shows all you need to ask the support from vBteam as it's wrong

Comment

• mobosix
          • Oct 2003
          • 4.2.X

Maybe you are right, it looks like it could be just from their friends... but that is still messed up as there is a sub-tab to show their friend's activity.

So I guess what I really would like to have is a way to display the sub-tab User's Activity as default.

Comment

• zascok
            • Jul 2012
            • 3.8.x

it's kinda the logic of fB wall, dunno why we really need that with no possibility to administrate, don't see any reason to imitate fB on my forum (my users are grown ups mostly serious and knowledgeable collectors). vB has it's own name and path but... o well , this is why I got rid ot that on mine.

your requested thing is going to be something like Mark B wrote,

Code:
            [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000BB]$_REQUEST[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700][[/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'tab'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]] = [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'aboutme'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]; [/COLOR][/COLOR]
            I just don't really know all the variables that tabs are using, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will help
            Last edited by zascok; Wed 8 Aug '12, 5:34am.

Comment

• alfanexus
              • Dec 2008
              • 5.5.x

Did you find a solution to remove the all activity tab and set the user activity tab as default?

I have spend all day on trying to do this.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

The best place to ask about modifying the code is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment