X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grey_goose
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] BBCode in Signature Permissions

I've got an odd problem, and I can't figure out where to look.

I have a custom bbcode (spoiler) and it works fine in the postbit. When it's used in signatures, only 1 usergroup (call them C) can open them -- other usergroups (call them B), including Admin (call them A), cannot. If a spoiler is in the post and signature, A can open it in the post, but not the signature -- but C can open them in both.

What setting am I missing? The Admin usergroup has YES set on all perms in the usergroup manager...
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I would guess it is an issue with the custom spoiler code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• grey_goose
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Wouldn't that really only be a factor if the bbcode was evaluating usergroup membership?

Is there some setting that determines if a usergroup can execute (rather than use) the code?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Post BBCode is not a usergroup option in default vbulletin - either everyone can use it or nobody can. But, actually, for signatures, it is a usergroup option (forgot about that). Is the bbcode only something you added in the BBCode Manager or does it also include plugins and other added code? If it includes anything other than something you added in the bbcode manager, then you need to look through that code and see if it handles usergroups in anyway.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...