Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PremiumKarl
    • Jul 2008

[Forum] adsense

How can I change the css of the adsense ads that are generated through the forum.
    I've not made ads in my adsense account yet, but can see ads in my forum and clicks on my adsense account.

Do I make new ads in google adsense with my own css and then put them somewhere in vbulletin or how can I sort this out?

I'm running only the 'high' package for now, no other ads yet.

Thanks
  • cloferba
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

You cant, you canĀ“t modify any adsense block with custom css. That is agains Adsense TOS.
    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• PremiumKarl
      • Jul 2008

How can that be against TOS, when you can make ads in your adsense account changing the css so it goes with your own site colors.

Mind you, I'm only talking about the colors

Comment

• cloferba
        • Apr 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by PremiumKarl
        How can that be against TOS, when you can make ads in your adsense account changing the css so it goes with your own site colors.

Mind you, I'm only talking about the colors
        You can change the colors through your Google Adsense account when you create or edit the block, no through your webpage.

Comment

• PremiumKarl
          • Jul 2008

but I can't see the block in my google adsense account, where do the ads that are created when you set up adsense through vbulletin admincp appear on my google adsense account?

Under 'my ads' there's nothing but I can see earnings, and the site they're on under performance.

Comment

• cloferba
            • Apr 2009
            • 3.8.x

I would suggest you to create your own Adsense blocks and define the colors of them through Adsense.com. If you do that, you will be able to customize the blocks whenever you want.

Regards

Comment

• PremiumKarl
              • Jul 2008

If that's the only solution, I have no problem doing this, but I still don't see the point then of having the feature of adsense through vbulletin If you can't change it or even see the ads on adsense account. I've always put my own ads in the past.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this

- - - Updated - - -

I've been through a lot of adsense related threads now and for a paid product, there's no answers from the 'staff' except that it's easier for people who don't want or know how to change templates.

I can applaud that vb wants to integrate things to make it easier, but if questions are being asked, then vb should also have the courtesy to reply and help in solving/explaining such issues.

Maybe it was vb's initial thought of getting a % of the revenue but after seeing and ignoring the questions, they decided to keep it on 0% but in the mean time were able are able to collect data!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...