X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelican
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] navigation manager show permission

i've created a link at navigation manager that i only wanted 3 usergroups (admin, mod, supermod) to be able to see the link in the navigation bar.

At "Show Permission Name" field, what should i enter?

The following is the help message from admincp but i dont understand how to "joining them with a dot" for multiple usergroup permission.
    I cant find any info at vbulletin manual.

Show Permission
    This determines which variable(s) in the vBulletin $show array will be used to decide if the element should be displayed. For instance 'member' means it will only display if $show['member'] is true. Multiple variables can be specified by joining them with a dot. All of them must then be true for the element to display.
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

I believe you would need a plugin which creates a show variable for those groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Could create one at location global_state_check with
    [php]
    I believe you would need a plugin which creates a show variable for those groups.

Try creating a plugin at location global_state_check with the following
    PHP Code:
    if($vbulletin->userinfo['usergroupid'] == OR $vbulletin->userinfo['usergroupid'] == OR $vbulletin->userinfo['usergroupid'] == 7)
    {
    $show['somenamehere'] = true;
    }else{
    $show['somenamehere'] = false;

Can add usergroups as appropriate and change the show name from somenamehere to whatever you want. somenamehere would then be what you would use in the tab.

This is off top of head and not tested btw
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Or just put the following into the Show Permissions box for the tab:

Code:
      moderators.admincplink
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• soniceffect
        • Feb 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ace

Code:
        moderators.admincplink

LMFAO oh aye LOL ......... See this is what you get for drinking during the day LOL

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Yep, the values for that box come from the $show array. Anything in that can be used.
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• pelican
            • Aug 2004
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ace

Code:
            moderators.admincplink
            when entering just the name of a usergroup at "Show Permission Name" field, the navigation link will only show to that usergroup.
            it is the part when i need to show to few usergroup that i am not sure what to enter.

The admincp help is stating that

Multiple variables can be specified by joining them with a dot. All of them must then be true for the element to display.
            does it mean i need to enter "administrator.moderators.supermoderators" into the "Show Permission Name" field ?

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

No, you just enter exactly what I put. You want the people who can see ModCP and AdminCP link to see it, so that's what you would put.

Comment

• subzerohimself
                • May 2008

Navigation Manager

hi i just read your post here can i ask the same things but can this be done for Usergroups as well or not ! as so that the Usergroups i make eg DB-Clan Member can only see the tab as i have tried to put this
                DB-Clan Member in the Show Permission Name but get this Error: The specified 'show' variable is invalid.
                i know it works on member

thank you

Comment

• Faol
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 3.7.x

Can I get a little more clarification on this, with my own scenario?

I want to put links on the "Tab" header. How do I do that? I tried doing as listed above for access to the AdminCP and ModCP. Those small links all the way at the bottom of the board are BS.

I also want to put the "Subscriptions" link in a prominent place on the tab header. Burying it in the Settings menu is also unacceptable.

How can I put these in the header area, where they can be readily accessed?

Thanks.

Comment

• TwistedChaos95
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 4.2.X

For my navigation manager I made a custom "profile options" menu. I was wondering if, with this permission thing, I could take it one step further and make it so users, mods, supermods and admins can see this link, but not unregistered/not logged in, banned, and any other sort of people without accounts can't see it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Faol
                      Can I get a little more clarification on this, with my own scenario?

I want to put links on the "Tab" header. How do I do that? I tried doing as listed above for access to the AdminCP and ModCP. Those small links all the way at the bottom of the board are BS.

I also want to put the "Subscriptions" link in a prominent place on the tab header. Burying it in the Settings menu is also unacceptable.

How can I put these in the header area, where they can be readily accessed?

Thanks.

Originally posted by TwistedChaos95
                      For my navigation manager I made a custom "profile options" menu. I was wondering if, with this permission thing, I could take it one step further and make it so users, mods, supermods and admins can see this link, but not unregistered/not logged in, banned, and any other sort of people without accounts can't see it.
                      This requires a plugin at this time.
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• soniceffect
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 4.2.X

See my first post. Can create a simple plugin for this and use your own show variable

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...