X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougdirac
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Selected style won't persist on iOS devices

Hi. We're running vB 4.1.10 and had an odd problem come up in the last few months when viewing the site from an iPhone or iPod Touch. When users select a style other than the default style, as soon as you navigate to another part of the site, it will revert to the default style.

I've personally observed this happen on an iPod Touch both in Safari and on Chrome. I've heard of the same thing happening on the iPhone. Of course things act normally when viewing from a desktop.

Any ideas where to track down the problem?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you using any kind of mobile style? vBulletin has mobile device detection and will switch the device to the style listed under Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings. If you're not using the mobile style the two options on that page for the Mobile Style defaults should be set to None.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dougdirac
      • Jul 2012
      • 4.2.X

We have an old mobile style that was made in the Window Mobile days, but it's not set as a default. Both those settings you mention are in fact set to None. Even still, you should be able to select another style and have it stick.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

I think there was a bug that was fixed in a version later than yours. Unfortunately, there is a glitch with JIRA and I don't have access to all the projects at this time.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dougdirac
          • Jul 2012
          • 4.2.X

Any update on this? I tried on an iPad yesterday and didn't have this problem. I was able to change styles and have them persist.

Though, the iPad had a different problem. 75% of the time the footer of the page wouldn't show up, so I often wasn't able to get to the Quick Style Chooser.

Anyhow, still having the style problem on the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

I know a number of changes to how the Mobile Style was handled between 4.1.10 and 4.2.0. Please upgrade to see if they persist.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...