X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • control1110
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Session Table is full

I have just moved my forum database only to its own server an since then I keep getting the error Session table is full. I have checked the footer template and I have the cron jobs image there I have also tried to manually run the cleanup but it doesn't seem to do anything. Could this be some type of error with permissions causing this?
    http://www.pegym.com
    vb 4.2.0 Patch 2
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Which version of vBulletin are you running?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
      • Sep 2008

It could be related to any number of things... modifications come to mind first however for now just so you can access the site run this query in phpMyAdmin:

Code:
      TRUNCATE TABLE session
      *If you have a table prefix then include that such as vb_session respectively.

Now note how long it takes for the session table to fill up. Also are you running any modifications OR did you leave ANY 3.x mods on your site? (as your sig states vb 3.6.4 so atm I'm assuming you upgraded from 3.6.4 to let's say 4.2 etc)

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

This happens when the daily cleanup scheduled tasks are not operating properly. To resolve this issue you need to empty the session table manually.

Run this query:
        truncate table session;

Then you need to make sure the cronimage is in your footer. This code:
        Code:
            <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
            {vb:raw cronimage}
            <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• control1110
          • Sep 2006
          • 3.6.x

I have been emptying the session table manually so far but that is not a good permanent solution. I had my file server and database on the same server for years and did not have this problem. I have just moved my database over to an amazon RDS server and I am now having this issue. I will be moving the files over to EC2 soon but I want to correct one problem at a time first.
          http://www.pegym.com
          vb 4.2.0 Patch 2

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The reason the table is full is as stated in my first reply. The process to make sure the scheduled tasks are run by vBulletin is also in that reply and that is also the solution you're looking for.

If you're cloud-based installation of MySQL is not carrying out the queries to clear out the old sessions then you need to log it and see why it isn't. Probably due to replication across their network though. I personally recommend keeping the database in the same NOC as your webserver and move static items to cloudservers.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...