Why can users reopen their thread after I close it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Okuma Steve
    • May 2010

[Forum] Why can users reopen their thread after I close it?

I am on 4.2.0 PL2 and whenever I lock a thread the author of thread can re-open it, how do I fix it? Very annoying issue.
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Which group are they from? If they're not from a staff group, check their thread permissions.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Check their permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the "Can Open/Close Own Threads permission to no. If that doesn't fix it then you have to look at all the custom permissions under Usergroups -> Forum Permissions.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Okuma Steve
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Check their permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the "Can Open/Close Own Threads permission to no. If that doesn't fix it then you have to look at all the custom permissions under Usergroups -> Forum Permissions.
        But I want them to be able to close their own threads if they want to, just not reopen them if a mod or admin closes it

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be a new issue, it used to be that if I closed a thread a user couldn't reopen it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Okuma Steve
          Seems to be a new issue, it used to be that if I closed a thread a user couldn't reopen it.
          Only if you previously had an addon that prevented this. vBulletin doesn't prevent this by default. It is a known shortcoming.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Okuma Steve
            • May 2010

I went back and tested it on an old test site and you're right, I can't believe I never had an issue with it until now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...