• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

[Forum] Login bug? Redirecting to home page

/forum/login.php?do=login

That is supposed to go the login page, at least from memory. I've tried it here and, like on my site, it goes right to the home page. Users have been sending me email messages for a few weeks about login problems and I'm wondering if something changed after upgrading to 4.2.1.

Try it on vBulletin.com - it does the same thing. So how does one get to the login page?

http://www.vbulletin.com
    /forum/login.php?do=login

My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

There's never been a login page.. there's the standard_error that shows when one isn't logged in/has no permission. Is that the one you mean?
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Maurd
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

Edit: Ace beat me.

I don't believe it has ever worked that way. In vB3 the login area was in the breadcrumb area and in vB4 it's in the header. There has never been a "dedicated" login page.

You might be thinking about the error page, which asks you to log in. For example, log out of vBulletin, and go here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/usercp.php
      - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

• slinky
        • Mar 2001
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Ace
        There's never been a login page.. there's the standard_error that shows when one isn't logged in/has no permission. Is that the one you mean?
        Yah - wasn't there one you could go to if you had a login problem? I saw others had problems with the same and VB support actually stated that the URL should work. I'm trying to use that login page since there is some issue with the login from the forumhome.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maurd
        You might be thinking about the error page, which asks you to log in. For example, log out of vBulletin, and go here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/usercp.php
        Perhaps this is it. I hate to use it but right now there is just no consistency in the login on the forumhome using the javascript that is "standard."

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Thanks guys - I hope I solved the problems - I recreated my ENTIRE theme. It's now "semi custom" and I just made the rest of the colors match the site, custom header above the bulky toolbar, etc. Hopefully this will solve the problems. It validates perfectly (with the exception of Google and FB buttons on the forumhome) but hopefully it's a major step in the right direction.

I feel like starting up a new thread like Mark.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...