Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jderouen
    • Jan 2006

[CMS] .php page for choice on navbar

I've created a button on the navbar that gives you links to other, non-VB parts of our website, but the users are confused because I linked it to forum.php so the forums page comes up. Can I create a custom .php page and have that come up instead? Do I need to do it within VB CMS or will any .php page do?

Thanks!
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Sorry, but I don't think I understand what you are trying to do exactly. Can you explain what you are trying to do more thoroughly?

Comment

• jderouen
      • Jan 2006

Yes, sorry. The navbar where "What's New?" "Blog" "Forums" etc is, I've added another choice to the navbar that includes a drop down menu that takes you to various external parts of our website. In Navigation Manager, when you create a new button, it asks for target url. I put forum.php in there, so when you click on the new button it opens forum.php and shows the white links to the external website above that. Just like clicking on Forums does. However, people are getting confused, and I want to create another page that opens up instead. I'm just not sure if I should do that through vBulletin CMS or what. Does that make more sense?

- - - Updated - - -

I just need something that shows up instead of forum.php that basically says, "Select one of the links above and stop being so blind."

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Can you post the link to your forum so we can have a look first hand?

Comment

• jderouen
          • Jan 2006

- - - Updated - - -

The menu option is "Museum Links" - instead of forum.php, I want to be able to create another page that it opens up to.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

What is the URL to the Museum Links page that you created - or do you still need to actually create this? If so, you may want to look at this thread on vbulletin.org:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Eve_Ra
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.X

As the tab must have a php file url for it's hilighted and shows the subnav, it's more judicious to create a personal page and link it in the tab.
              Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• jderouen
                • Jan 2006

That's the thing, I wanted to link to a page inside the forum to maintain the same look, side blocks, etc. Is that possible?

- - - Updated - - -

I will check out that vbulletin.org link, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

That link is excellent, thanks!! One more question: how can I NOT have ads appear when people see the museumlinks.php page I've just created? There are many variables for when and where ads appear, but I can't figure out how to turn ads off for museumlinks.php

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                  • May 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Surround the ads with the following if condition:
                  Code:
                  <vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != '[color=green]test[/color]'">
                  [color=red]AD CODE HERE[/color]
                  </vb:if>
                  Replace test with what you specified for THIS_SCRIPT in your file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...