Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strikes
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Transfering Hosts from Godaddy to Blue Host vBulletin 4.1.10 - Questions

Greetings,

So I'm making the switch. First I gotta say, SCREW Godaddy. K, that's done.

My question is... can anyone refer me to a step by step guide on how to do this? Will I actually have to reinstall vbulletin or just make a few configuration changes when I get all the file's uploaded to the new host?

Thanks!
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Create a database, import the backup to the new database, upload your current vBulletin files, edit config.php to reflect the database info. Login to AdminCP and update counters (if your domain has changed, then you need to update your forum's URL). That's pretty much it.
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Strikes
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.0.x

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl when I get the new host set up.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

I'm not familiar w/ bluehost however do they not provide some sort of migration service or can you ask them if they can do a cpanel to cpanel transfer errr wait that won't work since your on GoDaddy w/ the current seemingly archaic interface... they might still do most of this for you if you ask though, it won't hurt to ask and the only answer you can receive that you don't want is no .

Merjwy is pretty on spot as for the gist of it, if you run into any issues come back and let us know but again, ask if they will transfer for free, who knows maybe that is a free service they offer as other host offer it but not all.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Strikes
          • Feb 2012
          • 4.0.x

I appreciate the info!

I haven't signed up for bluehost just yet, do you know any good solid hosts that do for sure offer that service? That would make my day a lot easier.

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
            • Feb 2005

Most of shared hosting do this for free if you asked them to.
            Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
            vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Strikes
              I appreciate the info!

I haven't signed up for bluehost just yet, do you know any good solid hosts that do for sure offer that service? That would make my day a lot easier.
              Best information can be found here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...osting-Options
              More specifically this thread - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...monials-thread

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Amaury
                • Mar 2012
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Strikes
                I appreciate the info!

We use Blue Host (server type is Linux), and we'll sometimes have server timeouts or connection reset pages, but they pretty much rarely happen.

They're a pretty good host, in my opinion.
                Former vBulletin user

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...