Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmm2020
    • Jun 2010

[Forum] Navigation Manger - Relative Menu loses focus after clicking links

I have a huge problem with navigation manager and you can see what I mean by going to dmsinteractiveweb.com and clicking the various tabs, then click on some of the second level menu items and their drop down items.

What happens on some is that instead of the RIGHT second level menu staying in the lower menu bar, is the forum links show up. I DO NOT want that at all. How do I fix it so that for example, if I am on a microSupport page, the lower menu bar reflects the links I built for it? It makes no sense to have the forum links showing in the lower navbar if you are in a support area. I pretty much got rest of the nav manager handled just need to figure this part out. Any help would be appreciated much.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

As a guest all I can see is the Links Directory is causing both the Forum and Links Directory tab to be highlighted as the same time.

What do you have set for the Tab Script(s) for the Link Directory in your Navigation Manager settings? Being there are multiple pages you will definitely need to use a Script value rather than a tab id.

Comment

• dmm2020
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
      As a guest all I can see is the Links Directory is causing both the Forum and Links Directory tab to be highlighted as the same time.

What do you have set for the Tab Script(s) for the Link Directory in your Navigation Manager settings? Being there are multiple pages you will definitely need to use a Script value rather than a tab id.
      The Links Directory mod will be updated as soon and if the mod developer posts a 4.2 compatible version of it but it does not appear in the Navigation Manager at all. Yet it shows in the front end navigation bar.

- - - Updated - - -

A better one to look at to see the condition I am worried about as guest is to click on the Arcade tab. Then scroll down and click on one of the Arcade links. The forum links then appear in the lower menu bar rather than the arcade links staying there.

For the arcade the tab script is set to "arcade". I am not using tab id on any of them. I used whatever THIS_SCRIPT is set to in the script code.
      Last edited by dmm2020; Thu 28 Jun '12, 5:22am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

There is no Arcade tab showing for guests. - http://dmsinteractiveweb.com/content.php

Comment

• dmm2020
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
          There is no Arcade tab showing for guests. - http://dmsinteractiveweb.com/content.php
          How about I PM you with access to a developer logon so you can see them all?

Once I get one fixed, I should know enough to fix the rest and set any new menus for other mods I may install.

- - - Updated - - -

Even as guest... when you click on home you are in the CMS area. Forum links should not be in the lower menu bar. On what's New, same thing. You click on any content links once you navigate there, forum links are right back in the lower menu.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

If you can PM me Admin access I will take a look what is going on.

Comment