prefix_vb4_cmsanswered_title_rich Change Display Pageviews

Please how do i change the
    Display Pageviews to yes as default setting instead of no in my CMS
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	3723938
    If you could give me details on how to modify the template so i can change display page views as Yes as the defaullt selection

I AWAIT YOUR FEEDBACK
    Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans
  • Trendri
    • Mar 2012

reply to this thread plz
    Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

It would require manually editing the vbcms_edit_publisher template.

I would NOT suggest you do this but you would need to find this code:

Code:
      		<div class="half">
      			<ul class="multifield group floatcontainer">
      				<li><input type="radio" name="showviewcount" id="showviewcount0" value="1" <vb:if condition="$showviewcount"> checked="checked" </vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showviewcount0" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase yes}</label>&nbsp;&nbsp;<vb:if condition="$stylevar['textdirection'] == 'rtl'">&rlm;</vb:if></li>
      				<li><input type="radio" name="showviewcount" id="showviewcount1" value="0" <vb:if condition="!$showviewcount"> checked="checked" </vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showviewcount1" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase no}</label></li>
      			</ul>
      		</div>
      and change it to:

Code:
      		<div class="half">
      			<ul class="multifield group floatcontainer">
      				<li><input type="radio" name="showviewcount" id="showviewcount0" value="1"  checked="checked"  tabindex="1" /> <label for="showviewcount0" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase yes}</label>&nbsp;&nbsp;<vb:if condition="$stylevar['textdirection'] == 'rtl'">&rlm;</vb:if></li>
      				<li><input type="radio" name="showviewcount" id="showviewcount1" value="0" tabindex="1" /> <label for="showviewcount1" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase no}</label></li>
      			</ul>
      		</div>
      But it will ALWAYS be checked... Even if you edit an article that it was No, if you re-save it without changing it back to No it will be set as Yes.

I will also move this to the VB4 forum as you posted in the old VB 3.5 forum that few people read anymore.

If you need additional help on template customization please ask on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

• Trendri
        • Mar 2012

Why do you suggest it should not be chnage to yes? will it use more recourse of my memory or slow my site?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

No memory issues... But if you ever wanted to turn pageviews off for a specific article... You set it to "No." Then the next day you edit the article because of a spelling mistake, and re-save it... If you don't remember to set the page views to off again then they will be enabled.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...