X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geiri
    • Feb 2004
    • 4.0.x

[CMS] Attachments not showing in cms

vBulletin 4.1.1 Patch Level 1 Some of my vBulletin attachments are missing...

I am not aware of any changes in the system the attachments show up in the attachment manager in cp but once clicked I get this error "The service is unavailable."

How can this be fixed?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That sounds like a server error, not a vbulletin error - is it? If so, then check your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) and see what is in there. If it is a vbulletin error, then disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications. Then see if you still get the same error.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• geiri
      • Feb 2004
      • 4.0.x

Thank you, I will check that lynne

If it is a server error why are only attachments from this domain gone?

Other domains still work

www.geirinn.is
      Last edited by geiri; Tue 26 Jun '12, 5:08pm.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I really couldn't tell you. Did you check the error_logs? Did you try contacting your host? Have you tried disabling all plugins? Are attachments stored in the database or filesystem?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• geiri
          • Feb 2004
          • 4.0.x

All attachments are in the file system I tried disabling and changing plugins and products activity but it changes nothing.

I see nothing wrong in the error logs. I have two vBulletin sites on a win2008 server and the other one is just fine.

All help is appreciated

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Well, the error is not a vbulletin error - it is coming from the server itself. So, there is something in your server configuration that is causing the problem. Do you have suhosin or mod_security enabled? Or, do you have any .htaccess for the site? Or for the attachement directory?

Comment

• geiri
              • Feb 2004
              • 4.0.x

No .htaccess file I dont have suhosin or mod_security enabled

I have changed nothing all other programs work fine photopost etc..

My other site is running on same server with same settings and nothing is wrong there?

Comment

• geiri
                • Feb 2004
                • 4.0.x

I can not find out what is wrong..

Any one have a clue?

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Have you shown the error to your host? As I already said - it isn't vbulletin giving the error, it is your server giving the error.

Comment

• geiri
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 4.0.x

I run the server my self and have been since 2002. Windows server 2008

vBulletin 4.1.1 Patch Level 1 There are no errors I can see there.

Images upload correctly. I see the attachments in the attachment manager but not on the page. Attachments are the only images that wont show on my site. See screen

Click image for larger version

Name:	vberror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	3689671

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Have you tried moving the attachments back into the database and seen if you still get the same error?

Comment

• geiri
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 4.0.x

I did and got some errors did not catch them.

This is the outcome
                        ==============================
                        Attachments in Database: 170
                        Total Attachments Processed: 170

The above two values should be the same!

Number of Attachments that could not be read or are 0 bytes: 21

=============================
                        This is from the error log

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.1:

Invalid SQL:
                        INSERT INTO vb_attachmentviews (attachmentid)
                        VALUES (184);

MySQL Error : Incorrect file format 'vb_attachmentviews'
                        Error Number : 130
                        Request Date : Saturday, July 21st 2012 @ 05:31:34 PM
                        Error Date : Saturday, July 21st 2012 @ 05:31:35 PM
                        Script : http://www.geirinn.is/attachment.php...tid=184&cid=18
                        Referrer : http://www.geirinn.is/
                        Classname : vB_Database
                        MySQL Version : 5.1.53-community

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

It sounds like your attachmentviews table is corrupt. You may want to truncate it and see if things are OK. If not, you may need to drop it (and may need your hosts help with that if necessary) and then rebuild it.

Comment

• geiri
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 4.0.x

Looking at the database I see Huge amount of vb_aaggregate_temp_ tables piling up over 1000. What are these tables? Can I delete them?

vb_attachmentviews is empty. Is it ok to delete it and create a new?

Like in this thread?

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

Yes, you may delete them. They are probably there because they couldn't finish the transfer of data from them to the attachmentviews table which is 'broken'.

And yes, you may recreate it like in that thread (wow, the table is actually exactly the same after 9 years!), except instead of attachmentviews, call the table vb_attachmentviews.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...