Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rboesen1
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Microsuck
    I think the fact that it works with Facebook off is coincidental because I'm not aware of any connection between the two either.

I doubt they will restart it but maybe if you threatened to go elsewhere for hosting, and perhaps remind them that it doesn't take a long time to do.

I've been having this issue as well. I believe it is a direct issue with facebook because when I turn off facebook integration everything is back to normal. If you look at the error and error emails they all talk about a facebook access tokin.

Comment

• Tagman
      • Oct 2010

Yes, I think GoDaddy has done something that is affecting facebook integration. I also have a wordpress site through Godaddy with a plugin that integrates facebook comments back to the blog that started generating errors at the same time as my vBulletin site. I think if they get enough complaints something will eventually be done. Unfortunately, they don't seem to want to listen to one person, instead they blame something else.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Godaddy is a terrible webhost. I've spent countless hours now dealing with their support and trying to provide support to our customers on their platform. Find a better webhost please.

Comment

• Tagman
          • Oct 2010

Here is the latest excuse from GoDaddy. Funny that I made no changes to my forum, but all of a sudden on Friday last week all these errors started.

Thank you for contacting Online Support. The database servers for hosting plans can not be restarted. The error message "MySQL server has gone away," typically means you have too many connections open to the database. The MySQL database is limited to 200 connections open at the same time. If you application is not closing old connections or the connections are taking too long to complete the extra connections will be dropped giving you the error message you are reporting. You can optimize the database and database accesses or you will need to move to server were there are no connection limits.

At this time I can not duplicate the error being reported.

Virtual Dedicated or Dedicated Server

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Paul P.
          Online Support Team

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Microsuck
            I think the fact that it works with Facebook off is coincidental because I'm not aware of any connection between the two either.

I doubt they will restart it but maybe if you threatened to go elsewhere for hosting, and perhaps remind them that it doesn't take a long time to do.
            Don't say things such as that, you always want to move your site on the "down low" as some webhosts are privately owned and they'll fubar your site in a heartbeat if they feel like it plain and simple.

Originally posted by Zachery
            Godaddy is a terrible webhost. I've spent countless hours now dealing with their support and trying to provide support to our customers on their platform. Find a better webhost please.
            I use them for domains only, unless your on a dedicated server with them you won't like their shared hosting imo.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Walt Gekko
              • Jan 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Tagman
              Here is the latest excuse from GoDaddy. Funny that I made no changes to my forum, but all of a sudden on Friday last week all these errors started.

Thank you for contacting Online Support. The database servers for hosting plans can not be restarted. The error message "MySQL server has gone away," typically means you have too many connections open to the database. The MySQL database is limited to 200 connections open at the same time. If you application is not closing old connections or the connections are taking too long to complete the extra connections will be dropped giving you the error message you are reporting. You can optimize the database and database accesses or you will need to move to server were there are no connection limits.

Sincerely,

Paul P.
              Online Support Team
              This is about when my problems happened as well. I suspect something GoDaddy did made the vBulletin boards un-friendly with GoDaddy.

Time to get a support ticket done and see what I can do there.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tagman

Sincerely,

Paul P.
              Online Support Team
              This is about when my problems happened as well. I suspect something GoDaddy did made the vBulletin boards un-friendly with GoDaddy.

Time to get a support ticket done and see what I can do there.

Comment

• drbandkgb
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.0.x

Well Im still receiving about 50 to 75 errors a day... Im shutting off the FB for the time being..

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as I killed the FB sign on .. its back to normal

Comment

• Walt Gekko
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Just wrote the following support ticket to GoDaddy:

Since last Friday (June 22), for whatever reasons the message board I have on toosmarttofail.com has suddenly had a host of "500 Internal Server Error" messages when I try to log in, log out or go to more than one page of the site. This seems to be specifically tied to the message board due to the fact the rest of the site has had ZERO issues for quite some time. I use a vBulletin message board, and it appears I'm far from the only one with this problem. There have been multiple instances in the last few days where I can't get on the main forums or on the administrative page of the site, as I then get the "500 Internal Server Error" when doing so. It does not matter which browser I use, this seems to be a problem with ALL browers that comes up randomly and repeatedly and is specifically with the forums as I've had no other problems with any other pages on the site during this time.

When I asked about this on the vBulletin forums, I found out that this is apparently a problem with ALL vBulletin forums hosted by GoDaddy, as mainly noted in an extensive thread on this on the vBulletin at: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/403503 that was started this past Sunday (June 24, 2012). That thread has noted many of the same problems I had, which I had initially called about this past Sunday morning before the thread was started at vBulletin concerning the problems a number of people have been having with their forums.

This to me clearly is something that within the past few days has suddenly made the vBulletin forums unfriendly with GoDaddy as it only has come up in the past week. I'm clearly not the only person that has experienced these issues within the past week as noted on the vBulletin forum.

Please let me know what can be done as soon as possible and thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

• Tagman
                    • Oct 2010

They have clearly done something to make the facebook sign-on unfriendly to use. Would love to see one of their support staff sign on here and explain why its not a GoDaddy issue. As you stated in your ticket, I have also had zero issues for the past couple years until just the other day, but they have denied it being their issue or anything they have done.

In case GoDaddy actually reads this thread, the service tickets I entered that the goDaddy support denied any wrong doing are:

Incident ID 15523014 on the 24th of June
                    Incident ID 15530668 on the 25th of June
                    Plus a call to support on the 22nd of June but I received no ticket#

As someone who has to enter tickets for my own job, I understand the value of preserving data for troubleshooting issues, I think it important that we let them see all the un-answered calls for help with these support tickets. Hopefully if we make enough noise they will fix this issue, and if not? Well then, I guess this thread will serve as a warning to anyone thinking of using GoDaddy in the future.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...