X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stardotstar
    • Feb 2007

[Forum] A little help please fitting my header ad to the ad_global_header1

Hi all,

I've just made the jump from 3.8 to 4.2 and got most things back in place.

I was using OpenX to deliver banners using openx's localmode which is faster and less bandwidth than javascript calling (IIRC)

However without a plugin I have elected to see if I can get the javascript call to go to my existing campaigns and worry about performance and bandwidth later.

I have had a little success - not much - but enough to be encouraging.

I took on the ad_global_header1 template and added my javascript invocation code.

Code:
    <div style="float:right !important;margin-right:10px !important;">

<!--/* OpenX Javascript Tag v2.8.5 */-->

<script type='text/javascript'><!--//<![CDATA[
       var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://cs.sourcepoint.com.au/openx/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://cs.sourcepoint.com.au/openx/www/delivery/ajs.php');
       var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);
       if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ',';
       document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u);
       document.write ("?zoneid=8&amp;target=_blank&amp;block=1");
       document.write ('&amp;cb=' + m3_r);
       if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&amp;exclude=" + document.MAX_used);
       document.write (document.charset ? '&amp;charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? '&amp;charset='+document.characterSet : ''));
       document.write ("&amp;loc=" + escape(window.location));
       if (document.referrer) document.write ("&amp;referer=" + escape(document.referrer));
       if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context));
       if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&amp;mmm_fo=1");
       document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");
    //]]>--></script>

</div>
    And you will see that to get it to sit to the right I took some code I found here and used it and it generates the following result:

and I really want it to be inline with the logo (top left) and under the user menu controls at the top right and centred on the page;

Like this mockup:

The template I am working in is the only one that displays anything using the invocation code - none of the other blocks seem to take any ad delivery. I would be happy to get started by placing the dedicated sponsor ad in the centre neatly at the top of the page without doubling the height of the header.

Many thnks if anyone can help me please.
    W
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That is a CSS issue. We would need a link to the style in order to take a look at it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• stardotstar
      • Feb 2007

Hi Lynne, thank you for the reply, I have made the style available on my site (but not informed any users) could you please have a look at:

Crazy as it sounds when checking this just now in firefox (I was working in chrome earlier) the result is closer to what I intend but not right because it is overlapping the user tools at the top of the page.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The problem is that the first image is 120px in width, and the second is 900px in width. So, the only time that can show side-by-side is if you have your browser wide enough for the forum width to be 1020px wide. I don't know about you, but I don't keep my browsers quite that wide.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• stardotstar
          • Feb 2007

I understand, thank you for your reply.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...