Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ericsson
    • May 2005

[Forum] New member first post.

How can I change te settings so that the first post made get put into moderation but after that they can post.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ericsson
    How can I change te settings so that the first post made get put into moderation but after that they can post.
    You will need a custom mod for that.

Comment

• punchbowl
      • Nov 2006
      • 4.0.x

basically you use promotions...

Copy your registered users group..call it something like Verified Users (or whatever), next set your Registered User Group to be moderated. Finally set up a promotion based on post count so that Registered Users are promoted to Verified Users after 1 post.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by punchbowl

Copy your registered users group..call it something like Verified Users (or whatever), next set your Registered User Group to be moderated. Finally set up a promotion based on post count so that Registered Users are promoted to Verified Users after 1 post.
        Good suggestion .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Ericsson
          • May 2005

Originally posted by punchbowl

Perfect, but how do I set it for members to change groups after 1 post.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions -> Add New Promotion

Click image for larger version

Name:	promotions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	3689444

Comment

• Ericsson
              • May 2005

How do I get new members to start off in the registered user group and not verified users.
              It's been a long time since I've used vb.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                • May 2002
                • 1.1.x

New members will already start in the Registered Users group (usergroupid = 2) assuming they aren't awaiting email verification or being moderated entirely. There's no way to change that without a plugin.

Comment

• Ericsson
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                  New members will already start in the Registered Users group (usergroupid = 2) assuming they aren't awaiting email verification or being moderated entirely. There's no way to change that without a plugin.

Ok so I've got it sorted. User registers, posts get moderated until approved. Once user post is approved they move to verified members as they have a post count of at east 1.

But what I wanted to do is (probably not possible but may as well ask) is for a user to post, then their post gets moderated but they move to verified members before their first post gets approved.

Any spam I've had on the forum has been single posts by users, I don't have any issues with spammers posting more than 1 post normally. It just means its less annoying for the genuine members as it could take up to 24 hours before Its approved.

Hope that all makes sense, and thanks for the help.

If that's not possible how to I edit the message after first post to say its in moderation, it's a bit fast and hard to read. I would also like to customise it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...