• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deverill
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Default skin doesn't work correctly in CMS

Is it just me or is this a bug?

Ok I have style A installed which is the default style for both cms, forum and all users as set in the admin.

I have set MY default style in my user control panel to style B ( a new style i've bought and am working on). Its set to be allowed to be selected but isn't set as default globally (admin) (because I'm working on it).

When I view the forum and any other page except the CMS I see style B which is correct as that is what I have set my style too, so I can see what I'm working on.

However when I view the CMS I see style A.

At the moment if I edit 'home' on the CMS the style is set to the name of style A instead of 'default'. If I change it to 'default' it still shows style A.

Surely the default shouldn't be the default as defined in the admin options but should be overridden by the default setting I have set in my user control panel...?

Also even if I select style B whilst on the CMS from the style selector, it doesn't change. It stays as style A.

So at the moment I have no way of viewing the CMS in my new style to work on it.

And yes the new style 'covers' the CMS also.
  • Eve_Ra
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.X

Have you select Style=Inherit in your section Home of your CMS?
    Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• Deverill
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

Mwah much love! That's done the job.

So that will still show style a to my users as there style is set to style a and just show style b to me yes as I've got that selected in my user control panel.

Is that how it works?

Comment

• Eve_Ra
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.X

Inherit say 'use the style as the forum'. So if your members use the style B on the forum, they also have it on the CMS.
        Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...