feature to exclude forums in search via url is again not functioning after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Scheel
    • Sep 2001

[Forum] feature to exclude forums in search via url is again not functioning after upgrade

Again a feature that was implemented before has been striped/is not functioning anymore after the update to 4.2

The ability to exclude forums from search via URL

I have search links in my navbar manager that show new posts or posts with 0 replies and I want to exclude my news forum which are RSS Feed posts only.

The URL (that worked before): search.php?do=process&contenttype=vBForum_Post&replyless=1&replylimit=0&exclude=9,10,11

now comes up as: search.php?do=process&contenttype=vBForum_Post&replyless=1&replylimit=0&exclude=

I created a bug report in JIRA: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15297

Does anyone know a solution to fix it before the official patch (could take a while like it did after 4.0 was released without this functionality that existed in 3.8)

Thank you

StarBuG

p.s. Why does it happen so often that preexisting functionality gets "lost" in upgrades?

- - - Updated - - -

As Ace pointed out in JIRA the problem is the 80 character limitation for this input field.

After removing the session var it works.

Should be fixed though
    Michael Scheel
    Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin

Web: www.Kinderarzt-Cuxland.de
    Facebook: Kinderarzt.Cuxland
    Instagram: Kinderarzt.Cuxland
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...