Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

[Answered] Correcting Custom Style Navbar/Navigation Manager issues

We have noticed quite a few members posting issues about their navigation tabs and these can include:
    • Tabs that were in place prior to the 4.2 update are now missing.
    • A newly added tab in the 4.2 navigation manager does not display in the navbar.

The reason this occurs is, the navigation templates themselves have changed and the old code is still present in your style (which was made for a previous version respectively) causing the issue.
    *What we recommend is for you to contact the author of your custom style and inquire about a updated style version for 4.2.0, that is the easiest and best solution to your issue.

If for some reason there is no update available yet or this is a custom style you have made over time you can try the following:

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > *Click the drop-down on the right side and select "Edit Templates".

Click image for larger version

Name:	stylemanager1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	3723850

After it loads the template list from your style > *Scroll to find "Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates >>" and double-click to expand, once you do it will list all Navigation Templates.

Name:	stylemanager2.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	3723851

Once it expands, check for any customized templates (shown in red if custom for that style only, shown in orange if inherited from a parent style) and revert them > Once you click on the template, look to the right and a button is shown that says "Revert" - *Now click and revert the template .

Name:	stylemanager3.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	3723852

Once completed, your navigation bar (navbar for short) should display and function properly with newly added tabs showing .

Please Note:
    *Some style creators may have heavily modified the styles navigation templates or not, this is why we mentioned inquiring about a updated style first to ensure you do not run into any aesthetic issues after reverting.

**We do not offer support for custom styles, the author/creator is responsible for support/upgrades.

Issues Reverting a Orange Customized Template?
    • Customized templates from a Parent Style are different, meaning that you should revert the template in the parent style.
    • Some add child styles for different reasons, if you have customized a child style more in-depth over the parent you should copy/paste the template into a text editor before making any changes.

*You can also download a copy of the style beforehand (*Tick the checkbox to ensure that you "Get customizations made in this style and all parent styles") and save locally to your PC as a backup.

Don't forget to add your custom tabs back if you had them prior to 4.2 using the following links:

Additional info:
    Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Wed 27 Jun '12, 10:39am. Reason: I swear the bullets are moving on me :P

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
  • Yuvraj121
    • Jun 2012
    • 4.2.X

thanks you sir

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Reverting an orange template doesn't really do much in my experience.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ace
        Reverting an orange template doesn't really do much in my experience.
        Good catch and thanks for correcting my oversight , updating the above right now

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• apply
          • Jul 2009
          • 3.8.x

Hello,
          Thanks for the info. I still have a problem with the translations for navigation bar. In the previous version, the template was using phrases like "{vb:rawphrase new_posts_nav}", which would then load the translated names for the menu items. How can I do the same in the new version? I tried using the same format for the name of the navigation items, but did not work.
          Any suggestions as how to use the phrases and support multiple languages?

thank you.

Comment

• Eve_Ra
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.X

When you create a tab or item of a subnav, there is a phrase that is automatically created in your language manager.
            So, it's by this side that you can translate your tabs, as you make it for other phrases.

Languages & Phrases > Phrases Manager > Global

Search for vb_navigation_link for the links, vb_navigation_menu for the menus, and vb_navigation_tab for the tabs. There is in the phrase the identity of the tab/menu/link:

vb_navigation_tab_tab_mde4_579_text where tab_mde4_579 is the identity of the tab you want translate.
            Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• bf777
              • Feb 2007
              • 4.1.x

What's the fix for the always highlighted forum tab?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bf777
                Does the tab in question have anything set for Tab Script(s) ?

Comment

• bf777
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 4.1.x

No, it does not.

Comment

• bf777
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 4.1.x

This stinks. I've even tried disabling the Forum tab and added a custom tab through a mod I have installed. However, when I do that it doesn't show the forum submenu for the Calendar, Quick Links, etc..

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                      • Sep 2008

There has to be something else conflicting then in my opinion... did you previously use any form of modification to add tabs before the new Navigation Manager was introduced in 4.2?

Comment

• Shadow Demon
                        • May 2011
                        • 4.1.x

this would help if what you mentioned was the prob I'm having with my navigation manager but instead I get a damn db error with this msg.

Code:
                        Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE navigation
                                    SET state = (state | 2) & ~8

WHERE navid =;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4
                        Error Number  : 1064
                        Request Date  : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 09:25:31 PM
                        Error Date    : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 09:25:31 PM
                        Script        : http://www.kh-mediaflare.net/acp/navigation.php?do=dodefault
                        Referrer      : http://www.kh-mediaflare.net/acp/navigation.php?do=default&navid=126
                        IP Address    : 174.61.218.151
                        Username      : Cloud Xorbun
                        Classname     : vB_Database
                        MySQL Version : 5.1.63-community-log

Is there any other method to fixing this db error other then waiting for the next latest ver. of vb to be released?

Comment

• Dustin L.
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Shadow Demon
                          this would help if what you mentioned was the prob I'm having with my navigation manager but instead I get a damn db error with this msg.

Code:
                          Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE navigation
                                      SET state = (state | 2) & ~8

WHERE navid =;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4
                          Error Number  : 1064
                          Request Date  : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 09:25:31 PM
                          Error Date    : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 09:25:31 PM
                          Script        : http://www.kh-mediaflare.net/acp/navigation.php?do=dodefault
                          Referrer      : http://www.kh-mediaflare.net/acp/navigation.php?do=default&navid=126
                          IP Address    : 174.61.218.151
                          Username      : Cloud Xorbun
                          Classname     : vB_Database
                          MySQL Version : 5.1.63-community-log

Is there any other method to fixing this db error other then waiting for the next latest ver. of vb to be released?
                          Temporary Fix:

Bug Report:

Dustin
                          http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
                          http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• thanhdat
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Hello,
                            I want to show the Home and What's new tabs on FORUMHOME and/or ACTIVITY only - if I browse USER's PROFILE these tabs don't show.
                            How can I do that?
                            Thank you very much
                            Vui Ve Club - www.vuiveclub.net

Comment

• smirkley
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by bf777
                              I am having a similar problem. I simply made a basic tab for "Groups", functions properly to goto the groups main page at group.php, but the stock forum tab retains the highlight.

I am just learning the new navmgr, but cant get this issue sorted either.

I just want the tab clicked on to be the one highlighted like one would expect.

(occurs with or without hooks disabled nor oem or my theme.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...