• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fready
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails

I have a test site for vb 4.2.0

I decided to rebuild a few things, and when I ran: Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails
    all my Avatars are now showing broken images as Avatars, before I ran Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails they were all showing fine.

What happened, how do I fix this now?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Are avatars stored in the file system or database? If in the file system are you sure you copied them from your original site (assuming you made the test site based off a live site.)

In Server Settings and Optimization options see if Safe Mode Upload Enabled, if so make sure if you have access to the tmp directory. If not, try enabling it and rebuilding again.

Also in Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics do an upload check and see if any errors are reported.

Comment

• Fready
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.0.x

Did all the above, everything is as it should be, the avatars are stored in File System, and they are copied over fine.

No errors from the Maintenance -> Diagnostics do an upload check and see if any errors are reported.

I am lost now.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Is your customavatars/thumbs folder writable by the server? Make sure the permissions are set properly.

Comment

• Muniesa
          • Apr 2010
          • 3.8.x

I also have this same problem. After I switched to file storage, avatars won't show.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Please start your own thread containing any relevant details for your problem.

Comment