Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Recep Baltaş
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] How does the Infraction system work?

First of all, vBulletin admin and mod jobs are faaaaar from being user friendly. Just a little example on this:

You want to give an Infraction, right. OK, lets begin:

1- click on Infraction button
    2- To give specific infraction, select "specific ınfraction"
    3-fill in the reason and point s and time
    4-fill in the autoban reason, again!
    5- fill in the admin note
    6- fill in the admin desripiton
    7-and finally give the infraction

Now here comes the actual question: After I do all this, users still can post on the forum as usual. So, How the hell does that Infraction system work? I have read vbulletin manual and understood nothing at all.

When I try to create autoban, I can not select a suergroup where users will be when they get infraction.

How the hell does it work? can't it be all setup from the begininng? I just want the user not to be able to post duing the ban time.
    http://www.technopat.net/forum/
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The infraction system, woo fun topic today. Did the user who you issued the infraction to go over the threshold for automatic ban? If they did, are you positive the automatic ban was setup properly?

So the first area of the AdminCP is related to the user infraction groups

The first setting here relates to how many points a user must have for this to apply to them
    The second setting relates to which usergroups this should apply to, by default its set to everyone, but you might have it setup so older users have to have more points than new users before they get temp banned.

Override permissions from, this is the usergroup where the infracted user once they past the threshold will take points from. So if you didn't create a banned usergroup, or any other usergroups to apply these permissions to nothing is really happening. Make sure the override usergroup has the permissions you want to apply to the user.

Automatic ban is similar, the "banned usergroup" that users gets moved to needs to be setup to be a banned usergroup and whatever permissions that you want to apply to users.

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      Did the user who you issued the infraction to go over the threshold for automatic ban? If they did, are you positive the automatic ban was setup properly?
      No they did not cuz I can not select the usergroup I have created for restricted users. Hey, look, I can not select any group during autoban creation.

But you might have it setup so older users have to have more points than new users before they get temp banned.
      How? There is no option to choose the users registration date, post count or senior junior status etc.

Make sure the override usergroup has the permissions you want to apply to the user.
      I have created it in the usergoups, bu it does not show up.

4.2.0 PL1

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god. Oh god. Not a single guide tells that there is god damn "Banned usergoup" Yes/ No option while creating a new usergroup. Oh god.

Only here:

Says:

Only usergroups that are specified as banned groups will be displayed here.
      But how, where? No info....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I have crawled Turkish forums about that topic and looks like turkish vbulletiners know **** about this topic as all the other topics. All they do is C/P. Damn. Gonna write a guide about this.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Did you have a banned usergroup?

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
          • Sep 2010
          • 4.2.X

Did you have a banned usergroup?
          Of course I did not Default vBulletin setup should have this Usergroup enabled guys. There is a lot more job to do in the admin panel than in the user interface. Seriously.

Which release will focus admin panel?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

There is a default banned usergroup.

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.2.X

There is a default banned usergroup.
              No there is not. I am using vB since 4.0.8 and upgrading until 4.2.0 Pl1 and there is no banned usergroup at all. I am going to open a ticket about it.

I have created a banned usergroup but I cant' still get it to work. What does it change setting "Infractions or Points"?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Usergroupid 8 is the default banned usergroup that is created in every installation of the software.

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 4.2.X

Usergroupid 8 is the default banned usergroup that is created in every installation of the software.
                  IDK but I have kinda sorted it out finally! Finally got someone into restricted area for 1 day automatically.

Comment

• Eve_Ra
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.2.X

That is the usergroups manager by default, as at the installation of the software.
                    In red, there is the Banned group (id.8) created during the install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	usergroups.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	3687509

- - - Updated - - -

... a little too late
                    Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• punchbowl
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 4.0.x

biggest tip I could give you is to edit the phrases. I call warnings 'friendly reminders', still call infractions infractions but give them out rarely.

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 4.2.X

OK now another problem. Even when I take back the infraction, the user does not get out of restricted usergroup.

punchbowl, thansk for the tip

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Recep Baltaş
                          OK now another problem. Even when I take back the infraction, the user does not get out of restricted usergroup.

punchbowl, thansk for the tip
                          Can you manually move them to the correct usergroup?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment