• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhoody
    • Sep 2007

[Forum] Forbidden - you don't have permission

I received a PM of a member, who gets the "famous"

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /board/newthread.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    He can log in, can send PM's but he can not post. I checked his profile and he is not restricted in any way (at least that what his setting says)

I checked his IP. It shows up on blockforumspam but that is due to shared IP, what is used commonly by the ISP here in the Philippines.
    However, I forwarded the IP to our host (Liquidweb) and they don't have it blacklisted either.

He is a regular poster and this issue started a few weeks ago.

Anybody has any advices what could cause the issue?

Thanks in advanced
    cheers

Rhoody
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That looks like a mod_security issue. You should show the error to your host and ask them to loosen the mod_security rules for your site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Rhoody
      • Sep 2007

Thanks, I send your suggestion to our host and they took action, now I wait if the member can post. thanks again

Comment

• Rhoody
        • Sep 2007

Hi again,

Liquidweb did adjust the mod_security rules 2 times:

I am not sure why he triggered the ModSecurity. The rule he triggered was whitelisted. It is possible the changes did not take effect. I restarted Apache again. He shouldn't trigger the ModSecurity. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.still no changes. member can log in, can send PM but not post, gets error:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /board/newthread.php on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Any further ideas ?

Thanks in advanced

Rhoody

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...