Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trifletraxor
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

prefix_vb4_bloganswered_title_rich How to mass delete all blog entries?

How to mass delete all blog entries? I have been hit seriously by blog spammers.

Sverre.
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trifletraxor
    How to mass delete all blog entries? I have been hit seriously by blog spammers.

Sverre.
    Ensure this is what you want to do first AND I highly recommend a database backup be performed before you run this so with that being said, run at your own risk as this will in fact clear all bog entries.

Code:
    TRUNCATE TABLE blog
    **You could however only delete the entries after a certain date using something similar to:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM blog
    WHERE dateline > '1338750243'
    What you need to do is find the first entry by the spammer, in phpmyadmin you can click on the blog table to view all entries, then view the first entry by the spammer and note the dateline value, that is a timestamp so then use that value and replace the 1338750243 shown in my example above with the dateline of the first blog entry by the spammer. By doing it this way your only deleting blog entries made after the first blog of this spammer... now when done simply delete the initial blog the spammer made and your done HOWEVER you retained all other blog posts .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Neomega
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
      Ensure this is what you want to do first AND I highly recommend a database backup be performed before you run this so with that being said, run at your own risk as this will in fact clear all bog entries.

Code:
      TRUNCATE TABLE blog
      **You could however only delete the entries after a certain date using something similar to:
      Code:
      DELETE FROM blog
      WHERE dateline > '1338750243'
      What you need to do is find the first entry by the spammer, in phpmyadmin you can click on the blog table to view all entries, then view the first entry by the spammer and note the dateline value, that is a timestamp so then use that value and replace the 1338750243 shown in my example above with the dateline of the first blog entry by the spammer. By doing it this way your only deleting blog entries made after the first blog of this spammer... now when done simply delete the initial blog the spammer made and your done HOWEVER you retained all other blog posts .
      Just wanted to say thanks TLS. Recently has my unused blog slammed with thousands of spam blogs, you saved me.

For those of you needing more info on how to run his commands, in phpmyadmin navigate to the blog table and then run these commands at the SQL menu page, it will let you know if your commands were successful. I had no original blogs, so I wanted to delete all of these useless spam blogs, I ran:

TRUNCATE TABLE blog

then

DELETE FROM blog

Problem solved, thanks again TLS.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Your welcome .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• MoneyMakingExpert
          • Jun 2012
          • 4.2.X

I have removed the Blog option for now.

Blog Spam -Rather annoyed by this myself (New user). While i set up the forum.
          See post by andy - protecting against spam protection.

For the time being i have removed the Blog Feature in cpAdmin.

Just go to Plugins & Products > Product Manager > vBulletin Blog (or vBulletin CMS) > Disable

(Any upgrade, they will just get installed again)
          above answer from a post by Lynne

moneymakingexpert.net
          Manisha
          have a nice day.

Comment

• 409industries
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Neomega

For those of you needing more info on how to run his commands, in phpmyadmin navigate to the blog table and then run these commands at the SQL menu page, it will let you know if your commands were successful. I had no original blogs, so I wanted to delete all of these useless spam blogs, I ran:

TRUNCATE TABLE blog
            This worked for me as well. I had spammers get into my BLOG section (which is unused) and filled the database with spam entries. This removed everything, but left my vb site running perfectly.

Comment

• user 1-2-3
              • Oct 2002
              • 4.2.x

This method still will left the data in blog_text and maybe some other tables.

Comment