Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Creek
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Can't use nor create (social) groups.

Hi,

Usergroups have the "Can Create Groups" Permission.

However, when try to open the groups.php they get this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    There's no "create group" link visible anywhere, nor any links to group pages.

Whatever I try, I don't seem to be able to get it solved.. Please help me out.
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Make sure the Can View Groups permission is set to Yes. Here's the default permissions for the Registered Users group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	socialgroups_usergroup_registered.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	3687415

Comment

• Eagle Creek
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

Can join, can create and can view are all set to yes, that's why I don't understand why it isn't working.
      http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
      The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options -> Enabled User Profile Features, Groups is checked there, right?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...