can i disable display of forum profiles for users awaiting moderation?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pintoBean
    • Feb 2014
    • 4.2.X

can i disable display of forum profiles for users awaiting moderation?

I've noticed that my spam/bot members are posting info and hyperlinks in their bio when they sign up for registration. I am moderating new users, so they are still awaiting moderation, but even when waiting for moderation it seems the profile info they used to register is available to view on my site. I'm guessing they may create these profiles as a way to get sites to host their content. I've been mitigating spam with some plugins, but a few get through.

Is there a way for me to prevent biography and other info of users awaiting moderation to be available to users until they are moderated?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Are the profiles visible as a guest or as an administrator user?

Comment

• pintoBean
      • Feb 2014
      • 4.2.X

i can see these profiles as an unregistered guest.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

In the Usergroup options for Users Awaiting Moderation set Viewable on the Memberlist to No. I'm note sure if the profile will be visible if you know the correct URL or not, but they won't be listed on the member list so no search engine will ever get to their profile page, nor would any normal user not purposely looking for hidden users.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...