Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmeinck
    • Aug 2004

[Forum] Changed forum.php to index.php - redirection not working

I've changed the file forum.php to index.php. In options, homepage options, it's set to index.php.

When I visit the forum, it works fine. When I click on the forums tab, it goes to /forums.php

I'm using vBSEO if that has any impact.
  • Skyrider
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by cmeinck
    I've changed the file forum.php to index.php. In options, homepage options, it's set to index.php.

When I visit the forum, it works fine. When I click on the forums tab, it goes to /forums.php

I'm using vBSEO if that has any impact.
    Using vB 4.2 by any chance? (latest version). If so, within the Navigation manager settings (Under Settings) in the AdminCP, change the forum tab to use index.php instead rather than forum.php

Comment

• cmeinck
      • Aug 2004

I'm at a loss for some reason as to how to make this happen.

In navigation manager, the target URL is set to

index.php{session.sessionurl_q}

My index.php is set to require('index.php');

- - - Updated - - -

I should also mention that when you visit /forum/, I'm getting 503 Service Unavailable?

Really odd. I've uploaded the latest 4.2.

Comment

• Dustin L.
        • Mar 2011
        • 4.2.X

Are you trying to use the vbAdvanced CMS?
        http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
        http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
          • Feb 2005

This option only for changing the default Forum Home in order to use another script for it. Most of vBulletin files contain the defined variable THIS_SCRIPT. You either can use those values or you can bring out your own script into this option. So, in your case, you only want to change forum.php to be index.php which is something cannot be achived without a custom code, vbseo may work here. you can easily change your forum home link to something like index, main, or default without the need to change any file or setting.
          Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
          vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...